Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
^^^He forgot to mention Inconel, which can be even more $$$$$ and 'aerospace'/F1 a material yet than titanium, and even more involved/difficult to manufacture, bend and weld (probably why he did not even mention it). [wink]
I have a couple inconel firearms parts. They were def pricy compared to chrome moly v counterparts.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I have a couple inconel firearms parts. They were def pricy compared to chrome moly v counterparts.
Metal is weird. I’ve made many knives out of a variety of metals and while Inconel is super strong it’s really really soft, iirc it was mid 30’s on the Rockwell scale. Almost impossible to put an edge on. Might be cool for a San mai layered blade. Damn I miss forging stuff.

that is why i am looking at it more, the fswerks
being a daily driver, looking for a bit more noise than stock but not loud or very aggresive in any aspect, plus staying away from cops aggro range noise levels
if i was younger i would grab thermal in a heartbeat but with age, one dont really care for being loud
Like the other guy said thermal isn’t that loud, I did hear a FSwerks in person mated to a catless downpipe, thing sounded mean.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

Captured with GoPro 4 that I borrowed from a friend. I think it captures the sound very well. See my sig for mods.
Does your Nexus system still have the front resonator in this video, or is it deleted?

Sounds much like a WRC R5 car, the only thing missing is the 'shotgun blast' of the anti-lag system in between the shifts! [twothumb] [driving] [raceflag]

haste

1000 Post Club
Does your Nexus system still have the front resonator in this video, or is it deleted?

Sounds much like a WRC R5 car, the only thing missing is the 'shotgun blast' of the anti-lag system in between the shifts! [twothumb] [driving] [raceflag]
Still resonated. I've wanted to go completely "straight pipe" but can't stomach the cost of it. If I come across a good deal at some point in the future I will probably delete the resonator pipe.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Still resonated. I've wanted to go completely "straight pipe" but can't stomach the cost of it. If I come across a good deal at some point in the future I will probably delete the resonator pipe.
Does it still have the Kitty? definitely pops and crackles though*

I've got a Thermal R&D CBE and Whoosh catted downpipe ready to install and figure I'll do the O2 sensors while I'm at it. Does anyone know how many sensors I need to buy, and if I should expect any engine codes? I'm just not 100% clear since the DP description says they eliminated a third sensor bung?

Where I live everything needs to be special ordered so would be nice to have the sensors on hand

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Should be two. One has blue wire and the other black. I was given a set of two sensors back when I bought some stuff off an old forum member.

Not sure I ever put my setup in here, but since the thread was bumped..

View: https://youtu.be/iJTV6b_2-CY

Milltek non-res (with muffler) with Pumaspeed catless downpipe! I have an x47r turbo as well. Revs start around 1 minute mark.

This is my favorite exhaust setup on this car. I started with the catless downpipe mated to: MBRP, then Thermal R&D, then CPE Nexus. Finally satisfied now with the Milltek. :)

Kostis

Hey guys, I own an ST180 and I'm about to order the Milltek non-res race cat back exhaust but I can't decide if I should go with a sport cat or a decat. Can you give me some pros and cons for each one?

XanRules

Howdy folks, sorry for not browsing all 90 pages beforehand, and I may have even asked this before - has anyone bothered with JUST swapping out the muffler and resonator? I just can't justify spending many hundreds of dollars on something that's functionally cosmetic, since you pick up so little power with an exhaust, but I would like slightly more volume and growl. I was thinking a Vibrant UQ resonator since I have one kicking around in my garage and maybe one of their streetpower mufflers, or maybe a magnaflow? Anyone got any experience?

Hopefully someone can help me out with this... I installed a Thermal exhaust, Whoosh downpipe and a Turbosmart BOV all at the same time. Its been great, except now when I dump the throttle around 3000-3500 RPM, the exhaust note surges for a split moment. Just enough to hurt my ears.

Any idea what might be causing this? I've tried checking for leaks and loose connections everywhere but it all looks good. And I really don't want to have to disassemble and reassemble the whole thing. My first thought was maybe the BOV opening amplifies the exhaust sound for that instant before the exhaust quiets down? But I have no idea how to fix that if its the case.

Dialcaliper

Hopefully someone can help me out with this... I installed a Thermal exhaust, Whoosh downpipe and a Turbosmart BOV all at the same time. Its been great, except now when I dump the throttle around 3000-3500 RPM, the exhaust note surges for a split moment. Just enough to hurt my ears.

Any idea what might be causing this? I've tried checking for leaks and loose connections everywhere but it all looks good. And I really don't want to have to disassemble and reassemble the whole thing. My first thought was maybe the BOV opening amplifies the exhaust sound for that instant before the exhaust quiets down? But I have no idea how to fix that if its the case.
Right around 3000 RPM is peak resonance for our exhaust system (mostly based on length). I measured some in-car noise levels, and right around there (Flowmaster exhaust) the dB level in the car jumps up an extra 10dB at 107-109Hz in a very narrow RPM range before it settles back down. The famous drone frequency. I also notice the same thing accelerating in 1st/2nd - at first I thought it was just loud from the boost coming on, but it’s actually the exhaust noise.

I’ve been thinking about cutting out and swapping the glass pack resonator for a different style to see if that helps

Sharing here as well! I feel like there’s not a ton of videos on the Mountune exhaust. I really do like it a lot, if I ever do something different it’ll be the Milltek

View: https://youtu.be/Fe1skypCi1s?feature=shared

Wanted to see how well this suction cup mount worked and how an older GoPro Hero5 would capture audio since overall this is a pretty easy setup to throw together. The POV from the hood, roof, and bumper all feel pretty nice to me. Crossbars kind of hide it up there too lol. Dizzy E30 tune with low pops engaged above 3500 RPM, the Mountune exhaust on stock turbo and stock downpipe. On the intake side it’s the MAP intake with an AEM filter, Mountune crossover, and a Whoosh V3 intercooler with the symposer port mounted HKS SSQV. You can hear it in some of the higher boost pulls. It has the purple insert right now but it's very, very close to the included one. Lower pitch on a high boost exhale only but I kind of like that balance.

Last edited: