Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford Fiesta RS WRC drives into a lake

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
I guess they were either very thirsty or too hot and decided to go for a swim! LOL

I didn't know what they were saying up until 00:08. Those two words before taking a drink are universal in my book.

I am glad the drivers made it out okay and the team managed to repair the water-logged RS so it could continue in the competition.

MOFiST

It was amazing, the mechanics had a 3 hour window to work on the car and in that time they got it going to continue. The engine sounded fine. It did have electrical issues later in the race and retired but still pretty awesome effort.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Scary sheat!

Amazing recovery, too bad it failed later as would of been an even greater story!

Pete

Saw a couple of videos on this on facebook. One of them was taken outside the car and you could see that something broke on the right wheel causing it to turn full right. When watching that video and the in car video the driver says "uh oh" and you can see him trying to stop the car. If he had not it could have been much worse I am going to see if I can find the other video for it again.

Edit: Found it! https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152749991850678&set=vb.35390480677&type=2&theater

While driving over the edge this...[ohcrap] Getting out the car this...[xx(] after making sure nothing is hurt this...[rockon] after realizing what I just did to my car this...[rant] [?|] [vommit].