Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FORScan - Basic Info and Getting Started

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Well o got my boot screen changed at least. But it looks like my replacement antenna has a messed up gps module maybe. It doesnt even show up in forscan under the ms can list

danbfree

3000 Post Club
If I take my car in to the dealer and ask them to change the splash screen to the ST logo, will they do you think?
I doubt it, I think 18+ or maybe just '19 they finally did it by default. But if you have a laptop all you need is a $10 Bluetooth dongle to use Forscan and it's worth it to disable sound processing alone, makes the audio sound $300 better in my view and you can change the boot screen as well.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
I think the best thing about it is the disabling of the sound processing. I highly recommend for anyone who literally cares about sound, at all... You still have all the same EQ and fade capabilities, it simply just sounds right with no need to touch the EQ from the default middle settings, sounds really well balanced. I truly think it's mainly there to keep people from blowing their speakers and really messes with having proper sound. And you'd have to be an idiot to do this when you simply don't crank it all the way, just turn it up slowly and find your happy spot and it sounds great!
Question: what was your setting before you changed it? I have a '16 and 7D0-01-01 was already set to 2 which in the chart means processing was off and XM was on. I am adding a subwoofer next weekend and am hoping to get things setup right beforehand. I hate how the mid/high range is setup and was hoping turning off processing would fix it.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Question: what was your setting before you changed it? I have a '16 and 7D0-01-01 was already set to 2 which in the chart means processing was off and XM was on. I am adding a subwoofer next weekend and am hoping to get things setup right beforehand. I hate how the mid/high range is setup and was hoping turning off processing would fix it.
If you look at the actual spreadsheet it says to change it by 2 to start with, so put it at 0... If you are a 2 to start with, that part of the chart is wrong for you, 2 will have nothing disabled.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16AV73FgxPnA15FdD30WQj-2NpqInSXTlRvccwJIKZTk/

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Some people actually have satellite radio and don't want to disable that. So how do you make sure you disable sound processing but not satellite radio?
So if you have satellite radio and the setting is already at 2 what the hell do you change it to, because you can't change it to zero because satellite radio goes bye-bye.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Some people actually have satellite radio and don't want to disable that. So how do you make sure you disable sound processing but not satellite radio?
So if you have satellite radio and the setting is already at 2 what the hell do you change it to, because you can't change it to zero because satellite radio goes bye-bye.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Yeah, exactly... I know I just can't stand the poor audio quality of satellite so doesn't matter to me, but it's unfortunate that it's not super clear according to the chart since a lot of people are saying they started with 2. I say one may as well try the other settings to see what happens. My free license is long expired so I haven't played with it in a long time, but it would never hurt to try any of those other ones, 8, A, etc and see what happens, at least it's pretty clear once the Sony processing has been disabled, the difference is pretty obvious. One would just have to try some loud music before and after to get that quick feel on if the Sony is disabled or not and see which setting actually has sat enabled and Sony disabled.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I went to 0 and it disabled XM radio. What would the next step be?
Did you notice the difference in sound? If so, try the other settings and see which combo keeps the sound that way but also turns sat back on if that's what you're looking for...

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
I will try the other settings tomorrow. As it stands I noticed no audible change so far.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I will try the other settings tomorrow. As it stands I noticed no audible change so far.
OK, start with 0 to see if you notice the sound difference first, then try the other settings to see if you can then get Sirius enabled *and* the processing to be off, I'm curious how that works out...

Guys, I tried to change some API As Built module settings but Forscan said I needed an extended license. Is this everybody else's experience? Looks like I might be able to generate a free 2-month extended license... will try that.

Edit: it worked, I have an extended license until April. Sorry for the dumb question... figured it out myself.

I got the adapter virtual Ronin used but it recognized my car as a Ford focus zetec so I closed forscan to try again but now it doesn't recognize my adapter at all. Anyone have any ideas?

Edit: Nevermind I got the driver and was able to connect to my vehicle.

Now my question is does anyone know how to reset the SRS to get rid of the airbag light after a recaro seat install?

Last edited:
I was going to buy a dongle to connect my wifes laptop to my car but the only thing I would use it for would be to change the splash screen and background on sync3. I cant use it to stop my car from doing the annoying as hell dinging when I open the door or start the car or keep the hood open. I cant stand that damn sound.
It jarrs me - but my last fiesta (2010) Zetek - was the moaniest of them all!

Bringing back this thread to hopefully get some solutions to my issues. I have a 2014 Fiesta and several months ago I swapped in a Sync 3 from a 2016+. It was not preprogrammed for my car, I just got it from a wrecker. I plugged it into my car and everything worked fine except the navigation, but I assumed that was because I didn't have a GPS antenna plugged in. Fast forward to last weekend and I finally installed a GPS antenna and a back up camera. I bought an OBDLink EX adapter, installed Forscan, saved a copy of my asbuilt (at least I think I did, I'm new to this), and made the various changes to my code. This is where things go south. I tried to change the splash screen, add the backup camera, delete SiriusXM, and add the climate control display. The backup camera worked, but none of the other changes did. Then I tried downloading my asbuilt from the Motorcraft website and uploading that into Forscan. Once I did that, I was able to change the splash screen and add the climate control display, but the camera doesn't work now. Someone on FB said that I should flash my car with a 2016+ asbuilt but I don't know how to get that.

I don't know if it's related but my navigation is also not working after installing the GPS antenna. Before I flashed my asbuilt with the Motorcraft file, my navigation screen showed me parked across the country, most likely wherever the car was when the Sync 3 unit was removed. Even after plugging the antenna in, it was stuck in GA. After flashing my asbuilt with the Motorcraft file, now I get an error that my navigation is not working and when I go to the nav screen it's just blank.