Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Found and ordered some sequential / dynamic LED mirror turn signal blinkers

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Not impressed with these at all. They don't fit nearly as well as OEM. I put the original ones back in. They simply don't fit well. You will have a small gap on the wide end. OEM may not look as cool, but it looks better if you are anal.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

haste

1000 Post Club
Not impressed with these at all. They don't fit nearly as well as OEM. I put the original ones back in. They simply don't fit well. You will have a small gap on the wide end. OEM may not look as cool, but it looks better if you are anal.

I had the same thoughts, but honestly who is going to be looking at the small gap left by these lights. I bet if you just leave them installed you will forget about the fitment issue soon enough.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I had the same thoughts, but honestly who is going to be looking at the small gap left by these lights. I bet if you just leave them installed you will forget about the fitment issue soon enough.
You are right. I'm just very anal about stuff like that. I tried to adjust the fitment on the driver side because it wasn't clipping in as well as the passenger side. I was like nope back in the box. I thought it was me installing it wrong, but I realized the part is just not made correctly.

mine both fit really well but the driver side is deff a bit more snug in the housing, on the black any of the gap is practically unnoticeable

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
They look best on a black car for sure my car is not black though. To me the part was a downgrade just my opinion. If it was made like OEM it would be great.
I'm glad other people are happy with it.
But I believe the negatives of the part should also be pointed out not just the cool factor.

Last edited:
You are right. I'm just very anal about stuff like that. I tried to adjust the fitment on the driver side because it wasn't clipping in as well as the passenger side. I was like nope back in the box. I thought it was me installing it wrong, but I realized the part is just not made correctly.

Do you think they might leak in the rain, or was the bad fitment mainly what bothered you? Any plans on putting yours up for sale? :D

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Do you think they might leak in the rain, or was the bad fitment mainly what bothered you? Any plans on putting yours up for sale? :D
I could see them getting moisture inside. But yep the fitment was garbage in my opinion. I paid $19 shipped not worth selling. I may do a teardown with pictures so everybody can see what it looks like.

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Just got mine done today. Fitment is pretty poor, was thinking about filling the outer gap with some black electrical tape to make sure no moisture gets in. Fortunately my car is black so the gaps are almost impossible to see.

Attachments

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Think I'll just stick with the stockers, then.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
This is gap in question for anyone interested.
Yep but it's a lot more noticeable when your car is not black. I also didn't like that it didn't clip in like the original part.
I'm glad I'm not the only person who think the fitment is poor.

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just leave it....the only people who will notice is another FiSTer anyways....WGAF!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Do you feel as if the blinker might fall off, it does it feel pretty sturdy in there?
When installing the light it seemed kinda loose, but once the mirror cap is back on (make sure ALL the clips are properly hooked) it seems pretty steady in place. If you push hard enough you might be able to move it a tiny bit. Presure washed the car today and drove around, everything with it was normal.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
I just got around to installing my set. The aforementioned gap is huge on my car (the tabs are barely engaged) and the locking tab itself on the part does not engage. They fall out as soon as I stop holding them in and I do not want to trust the top cap to hold them in. Back in the box they go. I don't feel up to modifying them to get them to work. They do look really nice and well made, it is unfortunate that they just are not shaped properly.

My son has a set he installed, I will look at his and see how much gap he has. He is much less picky than I am about this sort of thing.