Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Found and ordered some sequential / dynamic LED mirror turn signal blinkers

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I am always on the lookout for uncommon gadgets for our cars on AliExpress and someone in one of the FB groups found these before I did!:) I went ahead and ordered them, they claim only 2-2.5 weeks for delivery and considering they all are shipped from Asia anyway, even the eBay listings, I went with this particular listing as it was least expensive for what looks like exactly the same product from other sellers anyway, and tied for shortest delivery time. Obviously will work on all of the Mk7 through the 2019 MY sold in the Americas, or at least all North American ones...
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000275409303.html

So others who have ordered before say they work great, so thought I'd share as I've never heard of them before... So we'll wait and see and I'll report back on actual shipping time, installation, quality, results and all that, but for the money seems like a very cool little upgrade!

Edit: Well, the verdict is that they leave a small gap at outside end of it, but otherwise work good. See page to see the gap before you decide to buy!

1573766332359.png

Last edited:

SST

So this is a progressive light pattern? i assume stock is not LED right?

I always hunt in aliexpress too, but the carbon fiber cap i order before in Ali sucks, didn't even fit

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
So this is a progressive light pattern? i assume stock is not LED right?

I always hunt in aliexpress too, but the carbon fiber cap i order before in Ali sucks, didn't even fit
Yes, sequential, you can see there are 4 progressive sections to them... and yes, the stock one is not an LED, but unlike sticking an LED for the turn signal in the front headlights or rear taillights, these do not need any resistors to function properly... I have had mostly good luck with AliExpress and the stuff I didn't have always gotten a refund. I got a great ball style shift knob for $28 and some various LED's and that worked just great... I also got one of those dash mats for like $12, and call me weird but I think that velvet-like dash carpet is actually not as bad to look at as that sea of cheap textured plastic, but again, probably just me, LOL.

SST

can you post a pic of that dash mat?

keep up posted on the LED please as well

jeff

2000 Post Club
Dang thanks man those look great I ordered a set immediately, if they work well for the price this is a miracle. Also found a few other doo dads on the site that are on the way. Any other stuff besides the dash cover you've found?

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
can you post a pic of that dash mat?

keep up posted on the LED please as well
It looks just like the pics show, just search for "Fiesta dash mat" on AliExpress and look at some of the ones with closeup pics, it's kind of like the soft side of the 2 pieces of Velcro... It came with some wrinkles to start with that fade over time once laid out, but includes plenty of double sided tape squares to anchor in place, has never slipped once on me.

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12
Dang thanks man those look great I ordered a set immediately, if they work well for the price this is a miracle. Also found a few other doo dads on the site that are on the way. Any other stuff besides the dash cover you've found?
Stubby antenna (don't buy the VERY cheapest), cubbie hole liner pads, only which some even fit so got a full refund, but most proud of the ball shifter knob, Ford ring ready for only $28 that is easily just as good quality as the Mountune style it copies... it's fun to treasure hunt for stuff on there!

Intuit

3000 Post Club
I got the type 2 here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32688456967.html
Also got a stubby antenna for like $3... works great but front side did fade from the sun and looks gold now, lol.
So on your recommendation I took a quick look at AliExpress.

I think this falls under the heading of, "wwaayy too good to be true". :oops: Besides that, it's illegal (here) LoL...
FallsUnderTheHeadingOf.JPG
(yeah I know they're likely talk'n about selling the garment - representing exactly 0.001% of that photo - but if it's that open in the back... I DEMAND to see the front before purchasing :ROFLMAO:...)

haste

1000 Post Club
I ordered two sets for my FiSTs, it'll be interesting. Love the progressive blinker and it should look especially good on the magnetic grey paint.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
The mirror cap is definitely NOT the same. I’ve tried euro carbon caps and they’re a lot different. Not sure about the turn signal but I wouldn’t hold my breath.