Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Found and ordered some sequential / dynamic LED mirror turn signal blinkers

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thanks @D1JL for that, nice to see it more.

OK I finished my adult responsibilities and ran out and took care of it. 5 minutes per side, I used the little plastic took they included to pry at the top while I used a screwdriver to free the tabs, it came out easily. When reinstalling make sure you line up the three tabs at the bottom before resetting the 3 at the top. Super easy install, looks great! Thanks again to the OP!!!

https://public.fotki.com/greentrees2/actuator-and-maf-mod/1575416152776.html]
[/URL]

https://public.fotki.com/greentrees2/actuator-and-maf-mod/1575416186303.html]
[/URL]

Little video:

<iframe width="720" style="border:0" height="416" border="0" src="https://public.fotki.com/greentrees2/actuator-and-maf-mod/1575416205879.html?iframe=1"></iframe>

OK I finished my adult responsibilities and ran out and took care of it. 5 minutes per side, I used the little plastic took they included to pry at the top while I used a screwdriver to free the tabs, it came out easily. When reinstalling make sure you line up the three tabs at the bottom before resetting the 3 at the top. Super easy install, looks great! Thanks again to the OP!!!

[/URL]

[/URL]

Little video:
Looks great on black! Here's a video of the hazards running at night to get an idea of how these look in the dark. View attachment VID_20191203_183430.mp4

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Alright guys!

We are installed! As we were hoping, these will drop right in and replace the stock indicator housing, getting rid of the chrome and giving you a sequential indicator! Very happy with it so far. I will report back after some time to let you guys know how these hold up. Hardest part of the install was trying to pop the clips on the wing mirror caps trying not to break them since it's pretty cold on Long Island as of late. If you guys want me to take any more pictures of them let me know and I will!

Video of the indicators running:
View: https://youtu.be/VpbyWB_2PyA

View attachment 25799 View attachment 25800
These look sick! Thanks for posting. Buying these for sure.

[/URL]

[/URL]

Little video:

<iframe width="720" style="border:0" height="416" border="0" src="https://public.fotki.com/greentrees2/actuator-and-maf-mod/1575416205879.html?iframe=1"></iframe>
Looks so stealth on the black :cool:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Bought...now i await their arrival. Then start the arduous Journey of longevity Testing!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Let's all just agree to hold on to the stock housings until we're pretty confident they'll last! Lol But they did seem of pretty good quality, so i don't see anything happening into the future. Fingers crossed!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Wish they came in a totally clear version also....look alittle dark. Oh well!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

jeff

2000 Post Club
The dark looks really good in the daytime imho especially on my black car.

Something else cool I noticed today about these light, when you use your fob to unlock the car the mirrors blink, I never really noticed that but now that the blink with the sequential it's ultra cool looking.

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #51
Thanks for all the detailed info guys! I have yet to tackle mine as well, but the YT video a few posts up shows how to aim the mirror down and away without removing the mirror piece itself, I'm going to try it that way first and go from there!

Edit: Of course all the new replies showed up after I posted, I'll just go with the way Jeff described, looks pretty easy!

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thanks for all the detailed info guys! I have yet to tackle mine as well, but the YT video a few posts up shows how to aim the mirror down and away without removing the mirror piece itself, I'm going to try it that way first and go from there!

Edit: Of course all the new replies showed up after I posted, I'll just go with the way Jeff described, looks pretty easy!
Yeah I did the other side even quicker after learning on the first one. Just use the tool they provide and wedge in in there as you pry up on the first tab. Then slide it over toward the other one as you pry up on it, the gap will increase. Keep going as you head toward the third one, prying it out like that makes it very easy and you don't have to force the tabs.

Also be careful when plugging the new light in, on one of mine the new light plug crushed the OEM receptacle and I had to play with it to make it fit.

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #53
Yeah I did the other side even quicker after learning on the first one. Just use the tool they provide and wedge in in there as you pry up on the first tab. Then slide it over toward the other one as you pry up on it, the gap will increase. Keep going as you head toward the third one, prying it out like that makes it very easy and you don't have to force the tabs.

Also be careful when plugging the new light in, on one of mine the new light plug crushed the OEM receptacle and I had to play with it to make it fit.
So do you remove the little tab covers first and then slowly pry on each tab a bit until the cover pops off? Simple as that?

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #54
Those getting these lights PLEASE post the model year of your car and how well they fit. Because I have a 2019 and that is not listed on the compatability list. However I do suspect they will fit because Ford has carried many of the trim parts for several years without changing them at all. As soon as someone states that these will fit a 2019 I'll be on the net ASAP getting in an order for my FiST.
FYI, when searching parts for our cars, the only difference in the different model years is mainly in updated suspension/shock parts from '17 on, so it's usually always safe to search for '14 parts unless it's suspension related, then search for '17 as the model year to be safe... Many vendors only initially listed the '14-'15 or sometimes up to '16 as they didn't bother to update the compatibility years after they released that part but they are indeed pretty much all the same from '14-'19. I found my fog lights with only '14 listed as compatible but clearly they will fit for '14-'19 no prob...

jeff

2000 Post Club
So do you remove the little tab covers first and then slowly pry on each tab a bit until the cover pops off? Simple as that?
There’s only one tab cover, on the outer most of the three tabs. First you remove that. Then I started with the Left most tab and with one hand I pushed the tab up with a screwdriver and with the other hand I used the plastic trim tool (included) to carefully pry from the outside between the two pieces. Once I got a little gap there I moved the screwdriver to the middle tab and pushed on it while continuing to pray sliding the plastic pry tool along. Once that one was disengaged I moved to the last one and repeated the Same process and it disengaged very easily.

If anyone gets stuck shoot me a PM and we can do a FaceTime and I can show you how I got it off.

DBLE

Also, when I watched videos to make sure I wouldn't break anything when I needed to install LED side mirror bulbs, I saw a couple that talked about reinstalling the tab cover for each mirror. I didn't bother. I tossed mine in the trash and never looked back. No issues. Jeff's tip about using something to pry the cap off while pushing on the tabs is a good idea. Will keep that in mind if I get these sequential lights, which look great so far from all the pics and vids being posted.

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #57
There’s only one tab cover, on the outer most of the three tabs. First you remove that. Then I started with the Left most tab and with one hand I pushed the tab up with a screwdriver and with the other hand I used the plastic trim tool (included) to carefully pry from the outside between the two pieces. Once I got a little gap there I moved the screwdriver to the middle tab and pushed on it while continuing to pray sliding the plastic pry tool along. Once that one was disengaged I moved to the last one and repeated the Same process and it disengaged very easily.

If anyone gets stuck shoot me a PM and we can do a FaceTime and I can show you how I got it off.
Thank you, that's excellent detail I can totally visualize, I'll give it a shot here at lunch since I work from home and have a garage!

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #58
Meh, the stupid tab cover didn't want to come off too easily so I'm going to try again once I'm off work... already spent 5 minutes just trying to get that one off so it's not gonna be a simple lunch hour job for me. Hell, I already scratched my outer mirror with the spudger before I remembered I had to even get the tab cover off first. I just hate being the one who takes 2-3x as long as everyone else does to do their mods... I mean, I'm a smart enough guy and thought I was coordinated in general but I guess I have much poorer than average hand/finger coordination, LOL.

DBLE

Yeah, I remember it being a pain. In one of the videos I watched, the guy used a pick for each tab cover, and it was easy for him. All I had were long needle-nose pliers, and it was annoying. Hence why I didn't even bother trying to reinstall the tab covers. :p

jeff

2000 Post Club
Meh, the stupid tab cover didn't want to come off too easily so I'm going to try again once I'm off work... already spent 5 minutes just trying to get that one off so it's not gonna be a simple lunch hour job for me. Hell, I already scratched my outer mirror with the spudger before I remembered I had to even get the tab cover off first. I just hate being the one who takes 2-3x as long as everyone else does to do their mods... I mean, I'm a smart enough guy and thought I was coordinated in general but I guess I have much poorer than average hand/finger coordination, LOL.
Try to grab the tab from the underside, that’s where you will have room to fit something in there. You’ll see once you get the first one out, there’s only one area that you can pry, everything else is flat and you cannot get anything else in there. Once I got the first one done the second one went really quick. It’s just a pain in the butt but keep at it. That Ukrainian guy in the video above doesn’t actually show how to do it on the video he just shows you the aftermath which tells us that he probably spent a while getting it off because it just takes patience. Same with the tabs, he just pushes a screwdriver in there and it pops off in five seconds but in reality you have to work at a little bit. I suspect he got it off and then gently placed it back on to make it look quick for the video.