Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Future FiST owner in FL

Hey everyone! I currently live in FL and Ive been looking to trade out of my 2003 Mini Cooper S to something a bit larger (FiST is PERFECT). Found a 2016 new for pretty dang cheap OTD. I really want the recaro seats but can't find any around me. A friend of mine has a 2014 with the recaros and I love them.

Has anyone found an aftermarket option that feels close?

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
You might be able to buy the actual seats. See them come on sales once is a while in the classified section. [welcome]

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Welcome Aboard.

Dave

OP
A
Thread Starter #5
You might be able to buy the actual seats. See them come on sales once is a while in the classified section. [welcome]
I saw a couple around on there. It may be worth waiting for a set to pop up. Thanks!

And thanks guys. I'm extremely excited for one of these cars. Test drove a few things and it was far and away my favorite.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Welcome, try searching cars.com

Hey everyone! I currently live in FL and Ive been looking to trade out of my 2003 Mini Cooper S to something a bit larger (FiST is PERFECT). Found a 2016 new for pretty dang cheap OTD. I really want the recaro seats but can't find any around me. A friend of mine has a 2014 with the recaros and I love them.

Has anyone found an aftermarket option that feels close?
The seats have built in airbags...I'd keep the stock seats just for that. I've driven with both seat types and I generally perfer the cheaper ones. I seem to be the only one, lol.

But if seats are the concern, I've seen them pop up every now and then. I'd recommend you stick with Ford Fiesta seats to keep the built in safety functions. You can always buy a set of fiesta recaros and install them later. :)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The seats have built in airbags...I'd keep the stock seats just for that. I've driven with both seat types and I generally perfer the cheaper ones. I seem to be the only one, lol.

But if seats are the concern, I've seen them pop up every now and then. I'd recommend you stick with Ford Fiesta seats to keep the built in safety functions. You can always buy a set of fiesta recaros and install them later. :)
Yes, as a cover-all disclaimer, of course.

But, I personally am not all that enamored of EITHER of the factory options for this car, and plan to get higher quality aftermarket seats in the future (most likely the soon to be made in the US, Status Spa recliners in alcantara). [wink]

You may want to have the dealer look for the one optioned the way you like. I had a dealer search and find the one I wanted at another dealership.

OP
A
Thread Starter #14
Well I ended up finding a 2016 with 6k miles with the exact options I wanted and quite a few aftermarket items! I Feel like I got a pretty dang good deal on this car. Just over 20 OTD

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lqnn5s7uj9o06ru/20161006_223433.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wg27qremsmrtqms/20161007_111007.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8bhwue7rhl0p7mg/20161007_111011.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g67a1kv9otctj1c/20161007_111029.jpg?dl=0

All I need is an AP and tires.

hi,
glad you made the right choice.here in central florida you have to be careful with the ford dealership you take your car for repairs or updates.some are great with addon's and a lot will not honor the warranty.

OP
A
Thread Starter #17
hi,
glad you made the right choice.here in central florida you have to be careful with the ford dealership you take your car for repairs or updates.some are great with addon's and a lot will not honor the warranty.
I'm actually further up north but drove down to Lakeland to get it. Do you have a suggestion for Ford dealer that's ok with Mods?

yeah,sarasota ford they even have a mod shop in the dealership.they will order the parts and install them.if you stick with mountune you keep you warranty.you can talk to a gentleman named tom gilberti.

OP
A
Thread Starter #19
yeah,sarasota ford they even have a mod shop in the dealership.they will order the parts and install them.if you stick with mountune you keep you warranty.you can talk to a gentleman named tom gilberti.
Perfect. If I need to do any warranty work I'll go down there

Waterfan

I don't think the hassle/airbag and seat heater compatibility/warranty issues of aftermarket seats on a NEW FiST is worth it. I doubt very much you can get a stock-like aftermarket solution for even the same 2k option price.

It should be relatively easy to have the dealer find a new FiST with RECAROS. If it is me (and it was when I bought my CPO), I would hold out for the exact car you want with RECAROS.

Availability of used stock RECAROS is possible, but seems to be extremely limited/rare (at least on these forums)

Good luck with your decision(s)!

EDIT: just finished the thread and saw you got what you wanted. CONGRATS!