Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Gas can recommendations for E30 tune

I am planning on doing an E30 tune (from MAP) for when I a traveling to SC or TN where I can purchase E85. I want to be able to take extra with me because I am 1.5 hours from the E85 pump. It looks like the VP Racing gas cans will be best for this. Anyone have any experience with E85 fill ups using gas cans? Any recommendations? Are there any issues with the EVAP system when refueling with a gas can?
Thanks!

me32

1000 Post Club
they have ones made for E85 from summit racing and other performance auto stores

OP
McLilySladentine
Thread Starter #4
I will go back to my 93 tune when I run out of E30. I want to have extra for autocross weekends.

I am worried about the safety a bit as well. Any advise on a gas can that may by safer and less likely to spill would help as well.

Gas from the pump is 10% alcohol. Adding another 20% is not going to hurt a regular gas can. Briggs and Stratton makes a totally sealed can and you can get it at wally world. They only come in 5 gallon. I mix E60 with 100 octane in mine and store for a few days. I wont store it for more than a week.

Gas from the pump is 10% alcohol. Adding another 20% is not going to hurt a regular gas can. Briggs and Stratton makes a totally sealed can and you can get it at wally world. They only come in 5 gallon. I mix E60 with 100 octane in mine and store for a few days. I wont store it for more than a week.
You can also buy the 2 gallon version of that same can at Dollar General.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I would make sure on the can being suitable for ethanol use no matter the percentage.

Another option for those that might want to carry it all the time, ditch the spare tire and get a fuel cell, I have seen one that fits in a tire well somewhere.

Transferring gets a bit more complicated, one could go so far as to have a pump in the cell and a way to meter the output to make the correct blend all the time so no pouring into the tank. I doubt I see that happening of course:)

I have a trailer hitch and a rack that I carry two regular plastic 5 gallon cans of E85 when I travel from El Paso to San Antonio/Houston/Corpus Christi, never had an issue... No E85 between EP to SA..

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I really was going to mention a trailer:)

If I ever put a hitch on my car I will have to build it unless we are lucky enough to have a reasonable weight hitch available. I have built my own hitch like for the C6 Vette that weighed 6 lbs and was inspected by the owner of a very well regarded custom hitch and trailer company, he offered me a job after he looked it over.

The ones available were around 30 lbs and way overweight for towing 2k loads.

I have a small harbor freight trailer that I use for track tires, tools, BBQ pit, chairs, cooler, ect.. I used a high temp grease for the bearings because I travel a lot and the speed limit from El Paso to San Antonio is 80mph... both my FiST and Titanium Fiesta have hitches...

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I have a small harbor freight trailer that I use for track tires, tools, BBQ pit, chairs, cooler, ect.. I used a high temp grease for the bearings because I travel a lot and the speed limit from El Paso to San Antonio is 80mph... both my FiST and Titanium Fiesta have hitches...
Not to derail but What hitch do you have? Want something the drag a smaller trailer to the lumber yard when i have carpentry projects. To grab some material that would fit in the boot but rather not.

Not to derail but What hitch do you have? Want something the drag a smaller trailer to the lumber yard when i have carpentry projects. To grab some material that would fit in the boot but rather not.
I bought the Curt one for the hatchback. It says it doesn't fit the ST but it does. You just need to get the stiffer rubber hangers for the exhaust because exhaust does rock a lot on the factory hangers and you will get a little banging noise when on bumpy roads, ect. I don't have/need a truck anymore now that I have the trailer. I also have a bike rack and a hitch rack, no issues...

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I bought the Curt one for the hatchback. It says it doesn't fit the ST but it does. You just need to get the stiffer rubber hangers for the exhaust because exhaust does rock a lot on the factory hangers and you will get a little banging noise when on bumpy roads, ect. I don't have/need a truck anymore now that I have the trailer. I also have a bike rack and a hitch rack, no issues...
Thanks. Already have the stiffer Cobb hangers so kinda good to go.