Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Getting fix0rzed

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
Im fine, no airbag deployment at least. I have full coverage through progressive, but a 1000 dollar deductible. Deer had a busted leg but walked off. Sherriff couldnt find it.

Im guessing its gonna be written off because i have shitty luck. Radiator, core support, AC stuff, bumper cover, all the plastics, headlight, hood, wiring harness, paint and labor charge. Head rest on my seat and the srs in the seat probably deployed too.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Deer probably ran off because he had no insurance!. I kid I kid. Maybe 1k later you can shop for another fiesta? Trying to view as glass half full.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
Deer probably ran off because he had no insurance!. I kid I kid. Maybe 1k later you can shop for another fiesta? Trying to view as glass half full.

Idk. I just want my car back 😭 and i was supposed to move in with my gf in crystal lake this year because id have had the car payed off completely.

damn that sucks... good thing that at least you are ok. Sorry to be a scavenger but If you decide to part out or something Im offering 1k for the recaros.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #14
I have progressive also...DONT let them use aftermarket parts. OEM only. They tried with me when some dingle berry clipped my Typhoon!
Only aftermarket part ill accept is a mishimoto radiator. Oem one is cracked for sure. Its leaking coolant.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #15
damn that sucks... good thing that at least you are ok. Sorry to be a scavenger but If you decide to part out or something Im offering 1k for the recaros.
we'll see. Idk, progressive may take the car if it is totaled.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #17
I wouldnt know where to begin really. Apart from trying to fix it

I got hit in 2006 by some idiot running a red light and State Farm totaled my 1986 Olds Cutlass. Repair estimate was 2800 bucks and State Farm stated they would give me 3200 bucks to total the car. Told them I wanted to keep the car and they stated it was mine, so I didn't have to pay State Farm a dime for my car. BTW, I pointed that out to State Farm and was told their policy was to total any car that had a repair estimate of 85% or more of the repair estimate. So even though it cost them more State Farm insisted on totaling the car. Took that 3200 dollar check and used it to repair the Cutlass, so I actually came out ahead on the deal.

Note, I am a Michigan resident so that may be why State Farm didn't require I turn in the title so make sure to check with your insurer.

I recommend that you NOT try to repair that yourself. In your pic it appears that the right front "wing" is shifted enough to contact the front door and that will require a bit of work on a chassis jig to pull it forward. As for the rest, those are parts that are rather easy to swap out. However because you didn't trigger any airbags the total cost for repair should be low enough to be covered by the check your insurer will write if they total your FiST. Truth is these are NOT cheap cars on the used car market, in good condition they typically sell for a price close to the original window sticker. Keep that in mind when talking with your insurer because they may try to lowball with you an offer based on the blue book for a standard Fiesta. Might even be a good idea to do some searching for a used FiST locally and print every one you find to a PDF format file you can email to your insurer.

Finally make sure to take the time to find a really good body shop. What you want is a shop that has a powered jig designed to straighten a Unibody. You'll also want a shop that has the Service Manual for the Fiesta / Fiesta ST so they can follow the correct procedure for installing all the bits that will need replacing. As for a loaner, that isn't absolutely essential but is a plus if you don't have a spare vehicle. Just keep in mind that a "free" loaner isn't really free because that loaner will be insured and did cost real money. This means the cost of a "free" loaner is factored into the cost of the repair. If you have a spare vehicle ask how much of a discount you can get for NOT taking that "free" loaner. Finally, do NOT ask for a fast turnaround, rushed work is NOT quality work. Tell the repair shop you want them to take the time required to fix your car correctly. BTW, you may want to consider purchasing a cheap used beater to drive while your car is being repaired.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I had a similar situation with a 94 q45. My wife got backed into and " because infinity " the damage was more than 80% of value. My insurance paid me to keep the car. Drove it till I sold it. They paid me 80% of blue book.