Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

GR Corolla news

I’m not sure I would spend the extra on the extra on “circuit” edition. The performance pack that you can order with the optional LSD seems to be the better value. Sure there are some “bling” items on the Circuit edition like the carbon fiber roof, spoiler, and fancier seats if you desire. But you get the same hardware engine/drivetrain as the base. I think the brakes are the same too?????
True, however I feel like the Circuit edition will hold its value better due to it being limited edition for 1 year only. I also really like that heavy metal grey, I might be biased though haha

3200lb AWD turbo hatch in 2022 is pretty fucking phenomenal and it's disappointing that people are so fixed on the weight despite the fact that the FWD options like the Veloster N and CTR are barely lighter. If people wanted lighter then the car would be lighter. But they want luxury-level sound dampening, they want higher quality materials, they want this, that, etc etc. Those aforementioned cars should be below 3000lbs but that's very clearly not what buyers demand.
You are right I just feel like going from the Fiesta to this it will feel a bit less fun in twisties, but I would probably welcome the refinement in daily driving. The weight is not a deal breaker for me and I would order one if given the opportunity. Also I still think they should offer the GR Yaris here, though after driving by a 6x6 tank looking thing on the street yesterday, maybe a slightly bigger car isn't so bad.

Edit: I was driving next to something that looked like this and it made me feel like I could die at any moment lol
1649007637621.png

Last edited:

Mikey456

3200lb AWD turbo hatch in 2022 is pretty fucking phenomenal and it's disappointing that people are so fixed on the weight despite the fact that the FWD options like the Veloster N and CTR are barely lighter. If people wanted lighter then the car would be lighter. But they want luxury-level sound dampening, they want higher quality materials, they want this, that, etc etc. Those aforementioned cars should be below 3000lbs but that's very clearly not what buyers demand.
Interestingly, the Focus RS and Golf R weigh approximately 3400 lbs. The AWD systems typically add approximately 200+lbs to a car. So the Corolla is lighter than both cars at 3200 lbs.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
True, however I feel like the Circuit edition will hold its value better due to it being limited edition for 1 year only. I also really like that heavy metal grey, I might be biased though haha

You are right I just feel like going from the Fiesta to this it will feel a bit less fun in twisties, but I would probably welcome the refinement in daily driving. The weight is not a deal breaker for me and I would order one if given the opportunity. Also I still think they should offer the GR Yaris here, though after driving by a 6x6 tank looking thing on the street yesterday, maybe a slightly bigger car isn't so bad.

Edit: I was driving next to something that looked like this and it made me feel like I could die at any moment lol
View attachment 47893
I know a truck like that is all about excess. But I would rather a bus/van so you could actually seat more people, or have room to move around. That’s a lot of truck to seat 5.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yes, for an AWD performance ride in this size/weight class, it is not overly portly at all. [thumb]

I think that many are just pining for the inherently lighter (because of size/class/wheelbase/etc.) Yaris GR, that 'Yota refuses to allow U.S. to have. [wink] [:(]

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I do tend to doubt that the stealerships will ever allow a test drive though, given their compulsion to over-gouge these types of rides, even if one strolls into their showroom with a wad of CASH to pay for it in full.

They fully expect you to buy it totally on it's hype, and press build up ONLY. [:(]

They will most likely treat their allocations of these much the same way Ford did with the 350Rs. [mad]

I agree. Hyundai wouldn't let me take their Veloster beast out when I got $50 card after signing up at the Motor Show in LA. Had to take out one of their lesser models.

A RS is going for 40k still, so I would expect this to be in the range of that on the higher side unless the skimped on interior. I wouldnt be suprised if they wanted 50k, tbh.
The thing is pretty heavy with the circuit edition coming in at 3200 lbs. I mean how is this car any different/better than an RS. I guess Toyota reliability?

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #168
The thing is pretty heavy with the circuit edition coming in at 3200 lbs. I mean how is this car any different/better than an RS. I guess Toyota reliability?
Pretty sure this has dual injection GDI with port, wont get carboned up

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I agree. Hyundai wouldn't let me take their Veloster beast out when I got $50 card after signing up at the Motor Show in LA. Had to take out one of their lesser models.
Supposedly, my local Hyundai dealer would have let me test drive a Veloster N when they offered me that same card promotion for a test drive, but they did not even have one allocated to them yet at that time.

So I test drove a regular old Veloster (a slushbox one no less [:(]) to at least get a really rough idea of it's driving dynamics, and yes, to get that card.

Out of curiosity I see people are comparing it to the current Golf R, I looked to see what a 2022 Golf R is going for brand new and
2022 Volkswagen Golf R AWD - $59,900
I could only imagine that this will be somewhat in the ballpark of what we will be seeing for this car.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Hopefully it has a better seating position. I didn't buy an RS because I couldn't stand to sit in it.

Lays

Out of curiosity I see people are comparing it to the current Golf R, I looked to see what a 2022 Golf R is going for brand new and
I could only imagine that this will be somewhat in the ballpark of what we will be seeing for this car.
That's Audi territory, no way am I paying 60k for a golf lol

Mikey456

The reviews for the Golf R have not been very good. VW went to touchscreen interface instead of knobs. That would bother me.

Golf R MSRP starts at 44,0990 (plus dest im sure), what dealerships are charging is irrelevant to the conversation.
1649177826075.png