Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Highest Stock Turbo Dyno Results?

This is my 15 FiST on a mustang dyno. Had whoosh V1 intercooler/whoosh V2 catless downpipe/ 3inch straight pipe/injen intake/ stratified flash tune no revisions I’m running 94 fuel cause that’s the highest I can get off the pump and ethanol doesn’t exist at pumps up here in Canada really in the west. 222whp 295wtq it was 30* Celsius that day my charge air temps were 29*C. Looking to get a custom tune done and the rest of the bolt ons done and run a boostane 94 octane mix to about 109 octane since I don’t have ethanol and see what I can make. Hoping around 240whp 330wtq.
Having also lived in canuckistan for 10+ years, i would reccomend tuning for shell91 that has 10% ethanol. My twin turbo subie ran miles better than on 94. It might be more power dense, not by much though, and with zero E the knock resistance isnt pretty bad, pulling alot of timing IME. Theres also e85 in abby if your in the lower mainland….cheers

Having also lived in canuckistan for 10+ years, i would reccomend tuning for shell91 that has 10% ethanol. My twin turbo subie ran miles better than on 94. It might be more power dense, not by much though, and with zero E the knock resistance isnt pretty bad, pulling alot of timing IME. Theres also e85 in abby if your in the lower mainland….cheers
I tried shell 91 and it’s junk. Husky 94 has up to 10% ethanol as well and I actually have a tuned comparison from my cammed 2011 5.3 tahoe and it made 300whp on shell 91 vs 361 on husky 94. It just knocks so much sooner.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Our V-Power 93 E10 south of the border is pretty decent stuff.

It was not too long ago that Sunoco sold their Ultra 94 as their highest grade, right at the pump. [:(]

I tried shell 91 and it’s junk. Husky 94 has up to 10% ethanol as well and I actually have a tuned comparison from my cammed 2011 5.3 tahoe and it made 300whp on shell 91 vs 361 on husky 94. It just knocks so much sooner.
You are right! i figured your westside comment meant British columbia, not including good ol oilberta :). love husky 94, was like 1.10/L when i lived there. MINT, but they dont sell it in BC atleast no where in the lowermainland, maybe in the mountains near berta…yes husky94 versus shell 91 is not even a comparison hahaha

Our V-Power 93 E10 south of the border is pretty decent stuff.

It was not too long ago that Sunoco sold their Ultra 94 as their highest grade, right at the pump. [:(]
That must be eastcoast? In WA the best at the local pumps is either shell 92E10 and luckily at the same pump e85, theres only 7 in the whole state. So obviously i drive on the corn

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
That must be eastcoast? In WA the best at the local pumps is either shell 92E10 and luckily at the same pump e85, theres only 7 in the whole state. So obviously i drive on the corn
Yes, mid-Atlantic east coast, as whenever I go to Maine, only the one Sunoco in town (Bethel) ever has 93. [:(]

I wouldn't trust Sunoco's claims for octane at all. As for why, plain old experience.

This is what I used to tow my boat from Detroit to Lake George, NY and back home for summer vacation. Boat and trailer weighed in at about 5100 lbs. With the original 305 it was VERY octane sensitive so I installed an Edelbrock Water Vapor Injection system to control knock. Usually ran with about 30% methanol in the tank so that it wouldn't freeze in the winter. Also found out that methanol really helped with charge cooling. Note, also ran a weight transfer hitch. Anyhow with Amoco, BP, Sohio, and shell gasoline I ran a rather light setting for the mist. Every time I hit the first fuel stop on the New York Thruway it was always GD Octane Cheating Sunoco. Every time I filled up with that crap it would sound like marbles in the engine when trying to get up to speed. So I'd have to pull over, pop the hood, and crank the mist control all the way to maximum. If there was room in the water tank for it I pour in a quart of Methanol. For darned near 20 years any time I had to buy Sunoco on that Thruway I'd have to readjust to mitigate knocking. If you want to get ripped off, pay for premium, and get 86 octane then stop at Sunoco. BTW, wrote letters complaining about this crap to the NY DOT and Sunoco corporate and got nothing but crickets.

Yeah, I know. Not really relevant to this thread topic but consider this a warning, Sunoco is one of the worst Octane Cheats on the entire planet. If you want fuel that actually provides the octane posted I found Shell to work quite well. I'll also note that I sold the boat and my last trip to Lake George in 2019 was with my FiST and I did notice the power was a bit off with Thruway Sunoco in the tank.

I wouldn't trust Sunoco's claims for octane at all. As for why, plain old experience.

This is what I used to tow my boat from Detroit to Lake George, NY and back home for summer vacation. Boat and trailer weighed in at about 5100 lbs. With the original 305 it was VERY octane sensitive so I installed an Edelbrock Water Vapor Injection system to control knock. Usually ran with about 30% methanol in the tank so that it wouldn't freeze in the winter. Also found out that methanol really helped with charge cooling. Note, also ran a weight transfer hitch. Anyhow with Amoco, BP, Sohio, and shell gasoline I ran a rather light setting for the mist. Every time I hit the first fuel stop on the New York Thruway it was always GD Octane Cheating Sunoco. Every time I filled up with that crap it would sound like marbles in the engine when trying to get up to speed. So I'd have to pull over, pop the hood, and crank the mist control all the way to maximum. If there was room in the water tank for it I pour in a quart of Methanol. For darned near 20 years any time I had to buy Sunoco on that Thruway I'd have to readjust to mitigate knocking. If you want to get ripped off, pay for premium, and get 86 octane then stop at Sunoco. BTW, wrote letters complaining about this crap to the NY DOT and Sunoco corporate and got nothing but crickets.

Yeah, I know. Not really relevant to this thread topic but consider this a warning, Sunoco is one of the worst Octane Cheats on the entire planet. If you want fuel that actually provides the octane posted I found Shell to work quite well. I'll also note that I sold the boat and my last trip to Lake George in 2019 was with my FiST and I did notice the power was a bit off with Thruway Sunoco in the tank.
So you dont like sunoco? Lmao

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

Point taken, and will probably therefore 'settle' for the 91 posted octane of the Shell in Bethel, Maine on my next jaunt up there to work on NEFR in late July.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Point taken, and will probably therefore 'settle' for the 91 posted octane of the Shell in Bethel, Maine on my next jaunt up there to work on NEFR in late July.
All the tuners warn against running Shell it has something to do with the additives they use. Supposedly not good for our engines.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
All the tuners warn against running Shell it has something to do with the additives they use. Supposedly not good for our engines.
This is the very first I am hearing about this, and I have spoken directly to both Stratified and Jason@Dizzy.

I don't have a lot of choice around here, as it is Shells, a Sunoco, and a Russkieoil (Lukoil) right here, along with a few no name 'indies'.
The local Exxon is under renovation currently.

What do YOU use?? [dunno]

What “all the tuners” are you referring to? :unsure::unsure:…i have a very hard time believing that..a DI issue with the detergents in the shell vpower?

Dpro

6000 Post Club
This is the very first I am hearing about this, and I have spoken directly to both Stratified and Jason@Dizzy.

I don't have a lot of choice around here, as it is Shells, a Sunoco, and a Russkieoil (Lukoil) right here, along with a few no name 'indies'.
The local Exxon is under renovation currently.

What do YOU use?? [dunno]
I use 76 , Chevron when I can’t get 76. Costco before I upgraded my Turbo, would use Costco in a pinch as it is certified Top Tier. Though prefer using 76. But around here all the big Turbo guys say no to Shell and thats because their tuners strongly advised against hell I know Antspec won’t tune if you let them know you put Shell and I am pretty sure Adam at Tuneplus is the same way as he also advises against Shell and Shell specifically.

Oh ya and I am tuned by Adam and the tune is great he is one of the best s280 tuners out their so I will stick to his word.

TemecFist

Are there any E85 stations in the Tacoma area?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I am on stock tune and snail, so I should be OK with Shell.

I would have to travel about 70 miles each way to get 76 (it's ONLY available at truck stops on major highways here).
Costco is about 25 miles each way from me, so that's out as well.

Chevron is non-existent.

Do these hot shot tuners have anything against Exxon fuels (once the local one opens up again), or are they also considered a no go?

TemecFist

I use 76 , Chevron when I can’t get 76. Costco before I upgraded my Turbo, would use Costco in a pinch as it is certified Top Tier. Though prefer using 76. But around here all the big Turbo guys say no to Shell and thats because their tuners strongly advised against hell I know Antspec won’t tune if you let them know you put Shell and I am pretty sure Adam at Tuneplus is the same way as he also advises against Shell and Shell specifically.

Oh ya and I am tuned by Adam and the tune is great he is one of the best s280 tuners out their so I will stick to his word.
So is 91 oct from 76 the "best" gas we can get here in Cali? (Not including E85, race, etc). I get my E85 from a Chevron station and just use the Chevron 91 to top off. Brian (JST) did my 91 pump tune on Shell 91 tho, maybe I should try the 76 in it instead?

Dpro

6000 Post Club
So is 91 oct from 76 the "best" gas we can get here in Cali? (Not including E85, race, etc). I get my E85 from a Chevron station and just use the Chevron 91 to top off. Brian (JST) did my 91 pump tune on Shell 91 tho, maybe I should try the 76 in it instead?
Honestly 76 and Chevron are considered the best but Costco is fine. Shell is the only one that is particularly warned against by a fair amount of tuners. It been posted in other platforms as well. This is not just some random thing. Its been being talked about by tuners for several years now. It might be the whole Nitrogen thing . I do think it has more to do with upgraded turbo’s than stock.

I do not have the absolute specifics, but like usual on this forum there is a tendacy by some to doubt everything and shoot the messenger.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Also like 'usual' on this forum, there is tendency as well for those who have the 'requisite' needed brands/grades (i.e.; 93 vs. 91, ethanol around the corner vs. no ethanol, the 'wrong' brands at their disposal, etc.) of fuels readily available to them to tell others, too effing bad you don't have the same, so you are just s.o.l., way upriver with no paddles. [wink]

So, I guess I should just forgo forever either a tune, or any bigger turbo than stock, and sell the AP because I don't have a 'tuner approved' fuel brand available to me?

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I'm going to be honest for a minute.

I believe one of the problems that we have on this site is location. Some of us have access to 93 some only 91. Some have handfuls of different gas station brands to choose from, some only have a few. Some have ethanol some do not.

It's just not possible for the recommendations to be the same whether it's fuel or tires, because we all live in different climates and have access to different things.

We are individuals and we have to make our own decisions.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk