Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

i can't get into 2nd gear

All gears are there but 2nd grinds and it won't grab .. Does anyone have an idea ... Linkage clutch or tranny oil ? I rather not go to ford it takes away car time 2015 1.6 5spd helpme haha please

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
Does the car go into gear with the engine off? I would take it to a dealer ASAP, could be any number of things from tranny to shifter to something not obvious like a broken motor mount. Any info you can provide to your dealer will assist them in diagnosing the problem. A little information like when it started, did it get progressively worse, or work one day and not the next. Does it make any unusual noises while moving, while the clutch is depressed, etc. Can you shift into first but not second? I assume you are going from 1st into 3rd. Get Megan involved. She will need your mileage, VIN and dealer name.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
You could look and see if you gear shifter is set up proper by doing this procedure. on the 5 speed it is a little different than on a ST but it is free and worth a try :)
Welcome and good luck :)

Gearshift Cable Adjustment - Vehicles With: 5-Speed Manual Transmission - B5/IB5

Refer to: Jacking and Lifting - Overview (100-02 Jacking and Lifting, Description and Operation).

If equipped.

NOTE: Move the gearshift select cable back and forth to verify free motion.

NOTE: By placing the gearshift lever into the 4th gear position, it locks the small lever into the N position.

install cover

If equipped.

All gears are there but 2nd grinds and it won't grab .. Does anyone have an idea ... Linkage clutch or tranny oil ? I rather not go to ford it takes away car time 2015 1.6 5spd helpme haha please
Welcome!

What's your current mileage? The ST has a break-in period of 1,000 miles. I'll be happy to check out some additional assistance, I'll just need a PM with your VIN, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location. :)

...Get Megan involved. She will need your mileage, VIN and dealer name.
Thanks!

Meagan

Are you getting a grinding going into gear cause when i try to go to second everyonce and awhile even wihtt he clutch fully depressed it will ake a hell of a noise and not go in

I have the same problem when i go into reverse gear withouth going into 1st before that

I have the same problem when i go into reverse gear withouth going into 1st before that
Hey gangstag966,

Has your Fiesta been to the dealer for inspection? Fill me in on the details, along with the current odometer reading. I'll see how to help on my end.

Mariel