Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Installation Help with New Plate Holder

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
So I bought a new front plate holder because I had the one that drops down blocks the intercooler. Didn't like how it looked and wanted to be able to see the intercooler once I get it installed. So I bought the ones that most of you guys already have, that is positioned above the intercooler. But I have no clue how this thing is suppose to fit on.

Can anybody post pictures of how it's suppose to look installed? From all angles. I'd appreciate it!

Before:

After: (Hopefully)

dyn085

2000 Post Club
What is the part number of that holder? I may have to get one after I move.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
OP
Kip2MyLou

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
See the part number for yours and the one I bought are the same but they aren't the same holder.

If you look at the photos for my link and your ebay link the photos are different. The real holder doesn't look like the picture ebay has posted. It looks like mine which doesn't sit like the eBay photo does; above the intercooler.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
See the part number for yours and the one I bought are the same but they aren't the same holder.

If you look at the photos for my link and your ebay link the photos are different. The real holder doesn't look like the picture ebay has posted. It looks like mine which doesn't sit like the eBay photo does; above the intercooler.
Dang sorry about that. Will try to find the right part #

OP
Kip2MyLou

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
This is how I wanted it to fit:

This is how it fits, which doesn't work obviously:

This is how ACTUALLY FITS, as you can see it still hangs over the intercooler:

This is how it goes into the intercooler slots:

As you can see the photo that ebay has posted isn't the same as the one on the site I posted. The site I posted has the correct photo of the part I received. I don't know what holder that Ebay photo is, but it's not the same item. They have it under the same part number but it definitely isn't.

OP
Kip2MyLou

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
Dang sorry about that. Will try to find the right part #
You might have the right part if you got it off that ebay link. But the part number ebay has it under must be wrong. And the correct holder that matches that part number is the one I bought.

OP
Kip2MyLou

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
Thats definitely not the same plate holder I just ordered and received. Ha.

I need to get that holder you have.

OP
Kip2MyLou

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #13
I haven't. I was thinking this would be cheaper and hoping it would fit.

If anybody wants this let me! Wiling sell before I send back.

OP
Kip2MyLou

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #14
I know this is a lot to ask but anyway you could take that off and post a picture of how the back looks? I still can't seem to find this plate holder anywhere.

I keep finding the one that I bought, which is incorrect.

And if you look closely to that Ebay picture of the plate you posted you can see it's a flat surface all around. The plate holder that's on your car, that you posted, has a little lip that goes with the lines of the grill. See what I mean? They aren't same plate but hold the same part number for some reason.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I know this is a lot to ask but anyway you could take that off and post a picture of how the back looks? I still can't seem to find this plate holder anywhere.

I keep finding the one that I bought, which is incorrect.

And if you look closely to that Ebay picture of the plate you posted you can see it's a flat surface all around. The plate holder that's on your car, that you posted, has a little lip that goes with the lines of the grill. See what I mean? They aren't same plate but hold the same part number for some reason.
I'll take a picture later today with the plate off. However to remove the holder I would have to drill out the rivets. Maybe we will be lucky and see a part number when the plate is off.

BTW I found via the ford US website
http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/P...&search=true&year=2015&make=Ford&model=Fiesta

OP
Kip2MyLou

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #16
I'll take a picture later today with the plate off. However to remove the holder I would have to drill out the rivets. Maybe we will be lucky and see a part number when the plate is off.
Oh okay. I see. Thanks for checking though. Hopefully there's something under the plate. Appreciate it.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
OP
Kip2MyLou

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #19
Check these guys out I know [MENTION=879]D1JL[/MENTION] has a contact but I cant put my hand on it. Look at the picture and you want part 24. seems correct orientation etc...
http://www.tascaparts.com/ford/fies...ponents-front-scat/?part_name=license-bracket
That's the exact site and part I ordered. Not the same as yours. Mine, as you can see from the photos I posted, is designed to sit lower than yours.

This shouldn't be this difficult. Ha.

Hey Kip I know it is an old thread but was wondering if you ever got the right bracket? I just got pulled over for my missing front plate. I was lucky enough to get mine with no front bracket installed at all and though that maybe I would never have to install one........ The one that me dealer sent me after I bought the car was just like yours and was part # D2BZ-17A385-AA. I got with Steve @ Tasca and he said I need part # D2BZ-17A385-BB. I am hoping for the right one!!