Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Isabella de la fiesta

eq5

Never trust an Estonian...

But really, cool car - do you have a build thread for it?

Good to see OP making progress fixing this!
World Rally Champion is an Estonian now, so we are making some progress here.

My car is a 4WD prototype rallycar with only engine and body from a Fiesta. Not sure if it is suitable for these forums as a separate build thread? There's heaps of fun custom stuff though as we built it from scratch.

Lately we have been building the engine to really find a bulletproof solution for some long stressful abuse. The 1.6 Ecoboost block is a weak one and we've had to spend lots of $$$ on it...basically found my way to this forum searching how others are dealing with this.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club

My car is a 4WD prototype rallycar with only engine and body from a Fiesta. Not sure if it is suitable for these forums as a separate build thread? There's heaps of fun custom stuff though as we built it from scratch.

Lately we have been building the engine to really find a bulletproof solution for some long stressful abuse. The 1.6 Ecoboost block is a weak one and we've had to spend lots of $$$ on it...basically found my way to this forum searching how others are dealing with this.
All jokes over here - sarcasm doesn't come across well through text.

If you post up a build thread I'm sure you'll get many eyes on it - if you're using parts of the Fiesta ST drivetrain, you belong here.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yes, he is that indeed!

I just wish that Mr. Wilson could have held onto 'Oyt' as a driver for his team, as I knew that he would eventually win the whole deal.

I guess it takes countless coin to compete with all of those trillion$$ of Camry/Corolla bucks at the Nippon Giant's disposal for their WRC budget. [:(]

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #68
Alright so here goes with most if not all mods. Mountune mrx longblock with lightweight pulleys and oil control system, 2jr intake, catless downpipe and side exit exhaust, fidanza lightweight flywheel and custom spec stage 3+ clutch to fit, 4.3:1 final drive with mfactory lsd using motul gear 300, 3.5 bar map sensor, Peron aux fuel kit with 54 lb injectors, whoosh short shifter and shifter and transmission cable bushings, whoosh v3 intercooler, x-57rs turbocharger. Hopefully this will get me to 400 at the wheels.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Alright so here goes with most if not all mods. Mountune mrx longblock with lightweight pulleys and oil control system, 2jr intake, catless downpipe and side exit exhaust, fidanza lightweight flywheel and custom spec stage 3+ clutch to fit, 4.3:1 final drive with mfactory lsd using motul gear 300, 3.5 bar map sensor, Peron aux fuel kit with 54 lb injectors, whoosh short shifter and shifter and transmission cable bushings, whoosh v3 intercooler, x-57rs turbocharger. Hopefully this will get me to 400 at the wheels.

That... That's going to be stupid fun.

What sort of wheel / tire package will you go with?

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #70
I'm gonna keep the oem rims right now and I'm riding on some okay tires. When those go bad in like 30-40k miles maybe I'll change em

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #72
Yeah but all this stuff came at a hefty price tag and I can't let myself do anymore right now. Credit card hurts lol. Plus, right before the engine blew I got a set of brand new tires. 205/40R-17 KUMHO ECSTA PA51 XL.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Just be aware, I'm running 225's R888R's and still want more traction in the front!!

Completely understand the dent in your pocket though - I've got 3 project vehicles...

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #77
Alright guys, I need your help. I'm looking at break in oils right now and I'm looking at motul's 10w40 break in mineral oil, running engine ice for coolant (buying 2 gallons) and after the break in running motul's 8100 x-cess 5w-40. Do you guys see any issues with this?

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Alright guys, I need your help. I'm looking at break in oils right now and I'm looking at motul's 10w40 break in mineral oil, running engine ice for coolant (buying 2 gallons) and after the break in running motul's 8100 x-cess 5w-40. Do you guys see any issues with this?
What does Mountune recommend?

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #79
They don't have anything on their site. The techs don't even know which is frustrating. They said I will get a booklet with the motor detailing the break in procedure as well as the recommended fluids but if I wait that long to buy the oil I'll need to wait at least 4 days after to even start it up.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I would probably go with a regular synthetic oil. I really don't know if break in oil is even recommended or necessary.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk