Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Intercooler

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
I have over 130 logs so it would take some time to go through them and the warmest day was around 70 degrees with very cool temps logged is what I can say for now. I have to get busy on a copper plumbing job right now but later on I will take a look:)
Hey thanks...I was just curious what the charge temps delta's looked like during one of your recent WOT tuning runs...Sounds like your very busy these days ...But if you find the time using DataZap is an easy way to isolate results and post...

So if you get the mp215 package, and the mtune installed, then get the mountune FMIC after, do you need to get a new tune or a new map or something for the intercooler? Or is the mp215 tune still fine as-is if you add the intercooler?

So if you get the mp215 package, and the mtune installed, then get the mountune FMIC after, do you need to get a new tune or a new map or something for the intercooler? Or is the mp215 tune still fine as-is if you add the intercooler?
You probably just need to reset the KAM via the AP so the ECU re-learns your driving habits with the new FMIC.

its fine as is, you cant custom tune with the mtune device.
That's the impression I was under, I figured since you can't change the mp215 it would be fine with the possible IC upgrade. Thanks for the reply!

You probably just need to reset the KAM via the AP so the ECU re-learns your driving habits with the new FMIC.
Noted, thank you!

OP
C

Chuckable

Thread Starter #27
Confirming what others have said. I asked Mountune your exact question earlier this week as I just purchased the intercooler and charge pipe kit. No other tuning needed. When you go to the MR package, though . . .

I just noticed they have a new intercooler at a lower price. In their description they mention new - improved design and it looks like they are only available in black for $599. I wonder what changed and if they are now more efficient. They also no longer tout this upgrade as being "warranty friendly". Interesting...
http://www.mountuneusa.com/mountune-Fiesta-ST-Intercooler-Upgrade-Black-p/2364-ic-ba1.htm

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I just order one today. I decided to go with this intercooler because I want perfect fitment.

The summer20 code gives you 15% off the intercooler.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Works fine. The throttle response is much better.
Comparing with the original one gives also slight torque and power increase - see attachment. Grafy z brzdy_porovnání _text27082019.jpg