Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MP215 transferable?

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Does anyone know if the MP215 tune is transferable to another VIN? Mine has been collecting dust for almost 4 years. Would love to hook someone on here up with it if possible.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Does anyone know if the MP215 tune is transferable to another VIN? Mine has been collecting dust for almost 4 years. Would love to hook someone on here up with it if possible.
If you've already hooked it up, no. If it's still in the box, it's good to go.

OP
dhminer

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
If you've already hooked it up, no. If it's still in the box, it's good to go.
I hooked it up and ran it for a few years but it’s now unpaired from the car, if that’s the correct word for it.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
My understanding is that it is VIN-locked, that once you've loaded it onto a certain car it can't be transferred, even if it is now unpaired from that car.
That said, you could always get somebody local that might be interested in it and plug it into their car and see if it loaded up, I suspect the worst thing that would happen is that it wouldn't load.