Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MRX Short block aux fuel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Se7eN

yes, it's the stock flywheel still. I didn't want to go so aggressive with the clutch as I will most likely keep it as is if I don't just take everything out and keep it on just bolt-ons.

Se7eN

Also wanted to ask you about your power band on the V2 Cams. As I am on stock cams and the power just kinda drops off after about 6,400rpm. Actually need to dyno again as I found a bunch of issues with leaks and plus the slipping clutch might make it so my car reaches the 330whp.

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #247
Also wanted to ask you about your power band on the V2 Cams. As I am on stock cams and the power just kinda drops off after about 6,400rpm. Actually need to dyno again as I found a bunch of issues with leaks and plus the slipping clutch might make it so my car reaches the 330whp.
V2 Cams have more lift and duration and that keeps power in the usable to upper range. Without the upgraded springs all bets are off. The engine hasn’t complained once going over 7k rpm many times. They help the engine inhale and exhale easier which I think is so necessary with a big turbo. I’m going to have to put in the extrude honed mani as well. You were smart not to wind out your engine on stock springs. They can get overwhelmed and bind up. I would recommend doing it

Last edited:

Se7eN

yeah, actually left the limiter as per stock which is right around 6,600RPM which it never sees as I tend to shift at or about 6,400rpms.

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #249
Well you could just go mental, blow it up and have a good reason to put the short block and cams in. [burnout]

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #257
How's the build going man I'm thinking of starting a long term one
Well I picked the car up in early June. Next is lsd, Spec clutch, wheel bearings and Bluetooth ethanol sensor. What direction are you going in with your build?

Well right now I'm thinking just upgrade the rmm,get an ap with a it's tune, maybe upgrade the intercooler, basically little stuff right now maybe go hybrid turbo next year or the year after. I'm trying to make sure I keep most of the reliability and with that being said I'm deff going to look at a radiator. The big stuff will happen when it's time to rebuild the motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.