Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MRX Short block aux fuel

Status
Not open for further replies.

slopoke

Well since I reused very few parts from the original engine, this is basically brand new. A lot 😁

Well the "A lot" price is what I'm looking for. If my motor ever goes POP, I'm going to do a motor very similar to yours with a few differences and would like to know a bottom line price to expect.

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #86
Well the "A lot" price is what I'm looking for. If my motor ever goes POP, I'm going to do a motor very similar to yours with a few differences and would like to know a bottom line price to expect.
What are you going to get along with the short block? My estimate has so many other things in there I would have to break out the abacus. Also since I bought new everything Mitch did not have spend time robbing from the old long block ie the head, oil pan, injectors, coils, etc. So if I say a number it may not correspond with what you may do. All the parts have prices. Easy enough to look those up. To pull an engine out and put a new one in is 18 hours by the book. What will your mechanic charge you for labor I have no idea. Then there is dyno time for tuning 91,93 and E30/40. You may choose to datalog through Randy for $250.

Last edited:
OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #87
SofaKing bored 😩 and the only way to alleviate the boredom is to buy more stuff! I have been waiting for MountuneUSA to offer 2 products: floor mats and a leather shifter boot. Well they finally have the shifter boot for sale and I bought it! They also have the winglets again. Anyway 1 more week before I fly down to Spartanburg. Going to hit the Tail of the Dragon on the way back and stay at the Tapoco Lodge again. Can’t wait [ridinghorse]

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #88
There is something seriously wrong with me or it might just be the LSD. MFactory LSD. Now I’m done. That is it. Finito! [crazyeye]

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #92
Pics of said car?? Is the Short block in?
New engine goes in Monday into said car. I posted a bunch of pics that Mitch took. I haven’t seen my car since March. Once everything is installed you’re not going to be able to tell what’s in it anyway. It’s a sleeper except for a front splitter, Rota Grids and a Vega wing whenever I get around to that. You sound more anxious than I am 🥵

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #93
Ok all the suspension bushings, Hotchkis rear sway bar, front and rear Mountune springs with Bilstein B8’s are installed. Now the question is can an engine be installed, broken in and tuned for 3 fuels in 4 1/2 days?

SofaKing bored [emoji30] and the only way to alleviate the boredom is to buy more stuff! I have been waiting for MountuneUSA to offer 2 products: floor mats and a leather shifter boot. Well they finally have the shifter boot for sale and I bought it! They also have the winglets again. Anyway 1 more week before I fly down to Spartanburg. Going to hit the Tail of the Dragon on the way back and stay at the Tapoco Lodge again. Can’t wait [ridinghorse]
Isn't that shifter boot only for non-USDM Fiesta's? Looks like a different shape.

Sent from my TA-1052 using Tapatalk

CSM

1000 Post Club
When do you arrive in Spartanburg? That is my home town and I will be around there a good bit next week. I am going to be driving from Spartanburg to NC Mountains at some point next weekend and was considering hitting the Gap too. If you want a Fiesta buddy to tag along send me a PM

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #98
Only one listed on their site says not compatible. Is ther another one available for order?

Oh well I am going to have to buy a Euro FiST to fit my shifter boot. Why is MountuneUSA USA USA selling Euro shit anyway? My god I am glad I am done dealing with vendors except Ron. It’s my fault but jeez. 🤬

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #99
When do you arrive in Spartanburg? That is my home town and I will be around there a good bit next week. I am going to be driving from Spartanburg to NC Mountains at some point next weekend and was considering hitting the Gap too. If you want a Fiesta buddy to tag along send me a PM
Does anyone read my posts besides Kyle? May 24 but he may not be finished which will probably be the case the way it’s been going. I’ll find out tomorrow. I’ll let you know. Ever stay at Tapoco Lodge?

Oh well I am going to have to buy a Euro FiST to fit my shifter boot. Why is MountuneUSA USA USA selling Euro shit anyway? My god I am glad I am done dealing with vendors except Ron. It’s my fault but jeez. [emoji2959]
Dang - I was hoping that they started offering one that would fit our FiSTs. They have had that one listed for awhile and I always wondered why they had it listed. Maybe it's a quick swap to our base? Let us know if you keep it and get it to fit!

Status
Not open for further replies.