Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MRX Short block aux fuel

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Just read your build thread. Great job. Sorry to hear about the recent engine issues. Hope you get it sorted out.

Very odd.

WHY did it crack? Any thoughts on that?

Bummer. You 'just' got it going!
Almost sounds like the head gasket failed the the excessive pressure blew the expansion tank to a point. So basically very lucky it didn't just cook the motor since you just built it. I bet u could have the cylinders bored just enough to get rid of the scoring in #1.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Almost sounds like the head gasket failed the the excessive pressure blew the expansion tank to a point. So basically very lucky it didn't just cook the motor since you just built it. I bet u could have the cylinders bored just enough to get rid of the scoring in #1.
Good call!!

Otherwise it was damaged when re-installed I guess... But even then, there would be a considerable coolant leak (noticeable) where as if it was burned through combustion and 'slowly' siphoned off it wouldn't be noticeable unless you popped the hood to check coolant.

Good call!!

Otherwise it was damaged when re-installed I guess... But even then, there would be a considerable coolant leak (noticeable) where as if it was burned through combustion and 'slowly' siphoned off it wouldn't be noticeable unless you popped the hood to check coolant.
That's kinda what I'm thinking.
On a different note is there some sort curse on our cars???

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #311
Either easy it’s getting torn down and fixed along with a new Spec clutch, wheel bearings and the lsd

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #315
Well replacing the tank is part of the recall so they’re not replacing it because it lasts forever

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #316
So I finally found a car carrier and the car will be back at CPE in a week or so. This was an expensive non vacation vacation 💰💰💰

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Any detonation issues when you were tuning after the rebuild?.
Detonation or pinging can cause the head gasket to fail (the fire ring splits), combustion pressure (plus 1000psi) enters the cooling system and forces the coolant out usually through the overflow and the engine overheats very quickly. Typically the cylinder head cracks and pistons may overheat and seize as well.

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #319
Any detonation issues when you were tuning after the rebuild?.
Detonation or pinging can cause the head gasket to fail (the fire ring splits), combustion pressure (plus 1000psi) enters the cooling system and forces the coolant out usually through the overflow and the engine overheats very quickly. Typically the cylinder head cracks and pistons may overheat and seize as well.
The Ford tech took the head off and determined it was the head gasket and neither the block or head was cracked. I haven’t looked at it so I don’t know. I’ll get more information when Mitch looks at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.