Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Need advice! I want a Fiesta, yes or no?

Hi everyone! My name is Kaden, I currently own a 2018 Focus ST. I went to octane academy in September and had an absolute blast. One thing I was not expecting was for me to fall in love with the Fiesta. Well, here I am, hooked. I want a Fiesta.
I bought my Focus last year, and owe more than what it’s currently worth. Ideally I’d like to trade someone but I just don’t see that happening. So, should I pay it down and trade it in or try and sell it private party? I have someone that’s actually interested in trading, but he has the cloths seats and I’m kind of set on getting one with recaros. I love my ST2 seats right now. I would also love if some people could point me into some good forums to read up on. I’ve read a lot so far and plan to go big turbo in the future with my FiST when I get one. Here’s a pic of my Focus, let me see your Fiestas! I can’t wait to get one. A78C3DFF-2234-4B31-BD5A-200C9BDE75D6.jpeg

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Welcome, private party sale is the best way. I would also say if you have someone that will trade their FiST and make it favorable for you, do it. You can find the Recaro’s used and you could also do FoST Recaro install. Its been done.
Seeing as you still owe on it it makes selling trickier as not everyone wants to take over someone else’s payments. Plus finding a dealer now with new FiST’s is getting pretty hard there are still a few out there just not sure how willing they would be to roll your FoST into a new FiST

OP
D
Thread Starter #7
Welcome, private party sale is the best way. I would also say if you have someone that will trade their FiST and make it favorable for you, do it. You can find the Recaro’s used and you could also do FoST Recaro install. Its been done.
Seeing as you still owe on it it makes selling trickier as not everyone wants to take over someone else’s payments. Plus finding a dealer now with new FiST’s is getting pretty hard there are still a few out there just not sure how willing they would be to roll your FoST into a new FiST
Thanks for the info and advice! I do not want to buy new, I’ve been looking at used. I doubt I will find anyone to trade/take over payments. But it’s worth a shot! Several people have reached out to me in my local groups, and said they’d love to sell me theirs after I sell mine. So I’m shooting for April to be able to sell my car. Working 2 jobs, 12-14hour days so I can pay off some debts and pay down my car as much as possible. I’m going to get a Fiesta eventually!

OP
D
Thread Starter #8
I still have not sat in recaro seats after all this time. they must be pretty good lol
I love how they hug me, drove a ST1 FoST and didn’t like the seats, doubt I’d like the fiestas. But who knows, I could still take a look. The seats fit me perfect.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
I love my FiST Recaro’s. lol
I still don't know how people buy this car WITHOUT the Recaro's - it's a car meant for corners, you need the bolsters!

It's great you love the Fiesta so much you want to join the club - any chance you can put some of your Focus back to stock? May help with resale value and speed...

My 2 cents, get a Fiesta ST, I upgraded from a 2016 Focus ST, we have 4 cars in the house and I drive the Fiesta every single day, the Recaros are amazing, totally different feeling from the Focus, do not get me wrong, I loved the Focus, but there is something about the Fiesta!

FJ16

That is one seriously gorgeous Focus! If you are looking to save money, you can look at a rebuilt FiST - I was in the market for a FoST actually, then saw a FiST for dirt cheap that was rebuilt and figured it was a price I couldn't pass up. I've been extremely happy with the car, so if you're willing to take a chance (or rebuild it yourself) it's certainly a viable option.

pixelzombie

I still have not sat in recaro seats after all this time. they must be pretty good lol
They are certainly the kind of seats that hug and keep you in place. I might get tired of them in time but I can't say for sure as it's cold in Chicago and wearing a bulky jacket is never fun.

pixelzombie

That is one seriously gorgeous Focus! If you are looking to save money, you can look at a rebuilt FiST - I was in the market for a FoST actually, then saw a FiST for dirt cheap that was rebuilt and figured it was a price I couldn't pass up. I've been extremely happy with the car, so if you're willing to take a chance (or rebuild it yourself) it's certainly a viable option.
What is a rebuilt FiST? I don't know what that means exactly.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
I still don't know how people buy this car WITHOUT the Recaro's - it's a car meant for corners, you need the bolsters!

It's great you love the Fiesta so much you want to join the club - any chance you can put some of your Focus back to stock? May help with resale value and speed...
If they were real Recaros I would have maybe bought them but not the Recaro "lites" in the FiST. I've had 2 cars with Full Recaros and neither myself or wife liked the FiST "lites". The full Recaros have adjustable under thigh bolsters so the seat is much more functionable and comfortable. As to how they buy one without them it is easy, don't pay the money, LOL! The cloth is very grippy and easy to keep clean.....you do not need "bolsters" but if you want/like them buy them by all means, just offering a different opinion. Also found the Recaros leather very slippery compared to the cloth.But try the cloth first before saying you "need" them. Also not everybody thinks they are worth $2K. The money I saved paid for real performance upgrades. I would not trade my MP215 and OCC for Recaro "lites". Wrench on!

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
If they were real Recaros I would have maybe bought them but not the Recaro "lites" in the FiST. I've had 2 cars with Full Recaros and neither myself or wife liked the FiST "lites". The full Recaros have adjustable under thigh bolsters so the seat is much more functionable and comfortable. As to how they buy one without them it is easy, don't pay the money, LOL! The cloth is very grippy and easy to keep clean.....you do not need "bolsters" but if you want/like them buy them by all means, just offering a different opinion. Also found the Recaros leather very slippery compared to the cloth.But try the cloth first before saying you "need" them. Also not everybody thinks they are worth $2K. The money I saved paid for real performance upgrades. I would not trade my MP215 and OCC for Recaro "lites". Wrench on!
You must be able to understand that Ford wasn't going to put a full race seat as an option from the factory, yes? The Fiesta ST Recaro seats are not 'slippery' as they have leather on the high points (potential wear spots) and fabric elsewhere.

The non-Recaro seats are for larger people - people who can't physically fit in the Recaros.

I also have 3 sets of Recaro seats - all of which are a vast improvement over the non-Recaro factory option from Ford. The seats in the ST are completely acceptable for spirited driving - if you're going to track the car, perhaps a full race seat is the best option.

That's a beautiful Focus man!

If it was me, I'd try and find someone to trade as well. You could always swap the seats afterwards if you end up trading with someone who has the base model seats. That also allows you to swap in the Focus ST seats if you prefer, although from reading up on that it seems that is much less of a direct swap.

And to add to the discussion of the Recaros, they really are fantastic. I've sat in the standard FiST seats (as a passenger however) and definitely prefer the way the Recaros hug you.
On top of that, I actually find the Recaros to be very comfortable for road trips. I regularly take 3 + hour trips on weekends and I find that because of the supportive nature of the seats, I tend to feel more comfortable after getting out of the car versus when I take a different vehicle.