Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New 2016 Molten Orange FiST OWNER!!!

Went from tiny to small. Traded in my Fiat 500 Abarth for my FiST and I love it. Only Molten Orange they had on the lot was pretty much loaded, but no sunroof. Has Recaros, Nav, and Ebony Wheels. Going to get tint in the next week or so. Any suggestions for first mods? :]

Welcome, from another ex-Abarth owner! There are a few of us here. :)

First mods? Well I'm guessing you'll want to spice up the exhaust note, yes? Other than that, a Cobb tune will really wake up the engine and provide datalog and gauge gizmos to play with.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Welcome aboard. First mod knob. Did mine before I even drove off the lot. Next all depends on your goals. The accesport is one of the best values and easy mod.

OP
N
Thread Starter #9
Welcome, from another ex-Abarth owner! There are a few of us here. :)

First mods? Well I'm guessing you'll want to spice up the exhaust note, yes? Other than that, a Cobb tune will really wake up the engine and provide datalog and gauge gizmos to play with.
Haha, yes. That's the one thing I miss from my Abarth, that mean growl from the exhaust!

welcome! First I did was order a custom gear knob!
Welcome aboard. First mod knob. Did mine before I even drove off the lot. Next all depends on your goals. The accesport is one of the best values and easy mod.
Any reason? Weighted, different feel? I do prefer a round shift knob though to what's on the car now. I saw the the ST3 Focus has a Carbon Fiber one, is that one weighted, or only "advantage" being looks?

Oh yeah, and I want to remove that dreaded front license plate bracket.

tojo

did not like the knob it came with! Wanted a round and bigger one!

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Any reason? Weighted, different feel? I do prefer a round shift knob though to what's on the car now. I saw the the ST3 Focus has a Carbon Fiber one, is that one weighted, or only "advantage" being looks?
Mainly cosmetic. However I did not like the shape of the stock one. Called me old but a shifter is a cue ball. Also go a nice Orange one matching the Recaros.

How do you feel coming from the abarth? I've always wanted to drive one of those I heard they are fun

OP
N
Thread Starter #13
How do you feel coming from the abarth? I've always wanted to drive one of those I heard they are fun
I really liked it, but the dealership here in Vegas sucked. I never had any mechanical problems, but some exterior issues, that they couldn't fix properly. Told me they were going to do one thing did another, ended up ruining my paint and scratching the crap out of my car. Finally got them to fix it, but I just didn't ever want to deal with them again so I decided to trade it in.

I did like the tuning options on the Abarth because there were piggybacks, flash tunes, etc. And I think the only thing available for the FiST are flash tunes, which are better, but warranty wise, easier for the dealer to pick up on. That and it doesn't seem like the Cobb or MT gives a whole lot more HP, as to where I had a unichip on my abarth and it's around 160 stock, with that it went up to around 200. And the exhaust note is probably the best stock exhaust note I've heard on a 4 banger.

I love both cars though, my new FiST and my old Abarth. Each has their pros and cons. And if I'm wrong, someone can feel free to correct me.

FiST: More Torque on the lower end, 6 speed, smaller turning radius, less body roll, more standard creature features (push start ignition/smart key, auto A/C, sync better than uconnect, illuminated lighting), smoother gears (shifting is a lot smoother), better interior (Abarth has really cheap door panels, they scratch just by looking at them o_O), more space (bigger boot and rear seat room)

Abarth: Exhaust note, seats (compared to stock ST seats, recaros are better than Abarth seats), more tuning options (but I'm new to the ST so I may be wrong), shift position (I prefer it higher up), steering wheel controls, dashboard (turbo gauge, g-force meter, tpsi monitor, digital cluster), better gas milage.

They are honestly both really fun, I do like my ST more, but if you ever get the chance to drive one I doubt you'll be disappointed. But the resale value on the Abarth is terrible, if I can get one for 10k in a year or two then I'll have both cars. If you have any other questions, let me know!

So right now here's what I'm thinking so far:
Tint (llumar ctx 30)
Carbon Fiber ST Shift Knob
Black Exterior Mirror Caps
Removing the front bracket/Bumper Plugs
Auto Dimming Mirror/Homelink
Mud Flaps
CAI

What's the difference between the Cobb and MT tuners? Are they both ECU flashers? Advantages/disadvantages?

Also I saw the older fiestas had matte aluminum door handles (passenger door in this pic http://www.automotiveaddicts.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/2012-ford-fiesta-dashboard.jpg) on the interior, anyone know if this will fit in an ST and think it would look good? Think it would match the steering wheel?