Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New DHM 3" Vband Exhaust!

Trader history for Based (0)

Pete

Can the DHM downpipes that are sold in the turbo kits connect to the stock turbo?
No that is the part that is different. He sells downpipes for the oem or hybrid turbos. But the ones for his kit are made for the bigger Garrett turbos. Where both connect to the cat back is the same. That is why you don't need to buy a different cat back exhaust when upgrading to a DHM kit.

OP
B

Based

Thread Starter #42
No that is the part that is different. He sells downpipes for the oem or hybrid turbos. But the ones for his kit are made for the bigger Garrett turbos. Where both connect to the cat back is the same. That is why you don't need to buy a different cat back exhaust when upgrading to a DHM kit.
Ok thank you. I was just wondering because I want to buy as much little stuff as I can before starting to save up for the big turbo kit.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
You'd be surprised how much power the flow of 2.5" exhaust can make. Honestly for under 400 you don't need 3" exhaust. Obviously, there are exceptions to that, but as a general rule.

So no, I guess there's no reason not too, but you don't have to.

I kind of knew that a 2.5" system can handle a lot of power, but I figured why not just order a 3" already, and cover yourself in case you want to go STUPID BIG power in the future, especially considering how much coin these things run to build. [wink]

(That's one of the reasons I went with the cp-e Nexus, ;) )

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I wish I hadn't just bought exhaust....le sigh
+1, as I would have considered waiting IF I had heard about the possibility of this happening before ordering the Nexus.

At least it WILL BE available BEFORE even the possibility of a Tomei titanium system becoming a reality, the way that company is dragging it's ass on this matter. [wink]

DHM1

1000 Post Club

Single tip looks pretty good when done right. Ours will be nicer looking than this even!

Russ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The BIG single tip would look better IF we had a valance which enclosed the WHOLE pipe, like they use on the 2016 Fiesta RS WRC cars.

We have a wide, long cutout for the exhaust in the valance, designed with twin tips in mind, which is why it is hard to make a fully exposed big single tip 'work' with our setup, even though I ultimately prefer that to the twin tips. [:(]

OP
B

Based

Thread Starter #56
I like how that looks. Is that a 3" tip? It looks huge

DHM1

1000 Post Club
I like how that looks. Is that a 3" tip? It looks huge
The pipe will be 3" and the tip will be 4". Anything smaller and it doesn't fill the area up very well

OP
B

Based

Thread Starter #59
The pipe will be 3" and the tip will be 4". Anything smaller and it doesn't fill the area up very well

That's crazy lol. I can't wait to hear this exhaust. I hope the group buy happens soon like around February/March

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club

Where do I sign up for one of these? I seriously want one of these exhausts to replace my custom 3 inch monstrosity.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk