Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Paint Defect (Bubbling/Corrosion/Etc) Resource Thread

OP
Krug

Krug

Thread Starter #21
Looks as if the doors are getting worse by the day. The bottom-rear corner of the front driver door is showing how terrible the hems really are. The paint is separating and shedding at the edge of the hem, leaving a gap that will allow even more contamination inside. Looks as though they have absolutely no sealer in or on the hem, as well! That little "chip" out of the paint further inboard of the corner is raised, not indented like it was chipped or scratched - no idea what happened there. Spalding, maybe? The Cuautitlán plant is a stamping facility along with the location of final assembly for these cars. Not sure what they've been doing there, but it's very much incorrect.

ecb610ac-6c72-4a62-892b-f17b67831ad2.jpg

Yeah that’s not good at all. Maybe that had something to do with why they discontinued some of the cars. Not sure. This is completely unrelated to paint but I just got a check engine light today so that’s fun...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Krug

Krug

Thread Starter #23
Today marks the second missed deadline for a decision from Ford. I took my vehicle to be inspected at the dealer on 7/30/19 and was told there should be a decision by 8/5/19. When that passed I was told 8/13/19. Now I'm stuck twiddling my thumbs with no decision or deadline from Ford. I don't expect instant gratification, but this is all certainly off to a rough start and I am not impressed so far.

koozy

2000 Post Club
I honestly think trying to repair it is futile when it appears to be rotting from the inside out. It's a total loss IMO. In order to fix it properly it needs to be stripped down to bare metal. Patching up areas is a band aid, until another area makes an appearance of rot. I think Ford realizes this. It will be interesting how they will address this case.

Last edited:
OP
Krug

Krug

Thread Starter #25
That is the conclusion that I came to, and the bodyshop manager at the dealership said much the same. I've got very little faith in getting a real solution out of Ford for this, and it's very unlikely that I will own this car for much longer. I returned it to stock (sans LSD) on Saturday. Now I wait.

Did you have to keep your car at the bodyshop until you got the call back from Ford or did they allow you to have it back once they got pictures and such?

I have the same door issues and small bubbles on the inside of the hatch. Hoping my wait isn't as much of a hassle.

Did you have to keep your car at the bodyshop until you got the call back from Ford or did they allow you to have it back once they got pictures and such?

I have the same door issues and small bubbles on the inside of the hatch. Hoping my wait isn't as much of a hassle.
I was able to take mine home until I got a call from dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Krug

Krug

Thread Starter #28

Nope. Same deal as jtuffy96. The bodyshop guy took photos and sent me on my way.

Good luck with your warranty claim, hope it all works out for you. Please keep us updated. I still have yet to get an answer for my claim. Hopefully by the end of next week...