Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Paint Defect (Bubbling/Corrosion/Etc) Resource Thread

Thanks! Have you gotten anywhere with your situation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahh I see. That’s awesome tho congrats! And I’m probably going to have a Civic Si coupe ordered sometime near the end of this year. Just want to make sure I get all this stuff with the ST out of the way before I jump into it.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
No progress. I've got more important things on my plate at the moment - closing on a house and moving - so it's not at the forefront of my mind at the moment. Have you decided what your next car will be?
Don't stress about closing. I found it easy. I was like that's not hard, so why does everyone make it sound so bad.
Maybe I'm odd but buying a home was less stressful than the car dealership. Good luck I'm sure it will go great.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Awesome! Maybe I will see ya on that forum too hopefully not for a reason like this tho lol ordering one is really my only option cuz they never have the coupes near me and rarely even the sedans... I wouldn’t mind waiting a little extra if I put in the order in December it can take until spring to get it and that would be perfect haha.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Thanks. Haha, I ordered a 2020 Civic Si coupe in Modern Steel just a couple of weeks ago. It'll be delivered "maybe at the end of the year" since Honda only produces cars in batches with a minimum number of orders (I believe 40?) of identical vehicles before they'll actually run them off the line. That's not extremely unusual in the auto industry, but Honda is notorious for taking their time and their ETAs should include fine print that reads "or maybe three weeks after that." This works in my favor, since I want to wrap up loose ends before I actually pick it up. I figure the ST should be warrantied before then, and I can wash my hands of it. If not, well, my deposit on the Si is 100% refundable, so no biggie.

Thanks. I'm not stressed. The closing is pretty much a wrap at this point. Just some paperwork, a transfer, and I get the keys. I'm excited! Moving always sucks, though. But this should be the last time I need to move for many years.
Yes moving sucks. My home is hopefully my forever home. Unless some crazy drastic thing happens.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Lol if your house was painted by Ford you’re toast [emoji23] but that would work perfectly. I don’t really want to drive it in Michigan winters anyways. How much do you have to put down as a deposit? I have never done the whole ordering thing so I’m not sure how it works.

Yeah I get you. I don’t hate mine either. Just disappointed. When I was told that they were going to buy it back I was happy at first and then I got sad cuz it has been a really fun car and you can’t beat the smiles it gives you.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
That is the conclusion that I came to, and the bodyshop manager at the dealership said much the same. I've got very little faith in getting a real solution out of Ford for this, and it's very unlikely that I will own this car for much longer. I returned it to stock (sans LSD) on Saturday. Now I wait.

Lol gimmie that trans.....

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
That's too bad. Mine looks good as new. I guess you just got a bad one.

koozy

3000 Post Club
You also do not have a ~1 year old car with ~10 year old car corrosion issues, so that is easy for you to say. I'm not taking the risk of dealing with this again. This has soured me on FIST ownership, and I'd rather move on to something new instead of giving Ford my money again.
Everyone's tolerance levels are different, something like this wouldn't take me out of the game but I completely understand how others may choose to walk and I don't fault anyone for their decision.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
You also do not have a ~1 year old car with ~10 year old car corrosion issues, so that is easy for you to say. I'm not taking the risk of dealing with this again. This has soured me on FIST ownership, and I'd rather move on to something new instead of giving Ford my money again.
I understand you feel this way. I do not see this happening across the board though. I do feel it would probably be less of an issue here in the southwest.
I also know is no such thing as a perfect car 100% of the time . Its a unspoken rule of manufacturing that there will always be a percentage of defects and of those some will slip through the QC process. As long as the manufacturer is willing to take care of it I am ok.
There really is not a lot new that ticks my boxes. In fact I find most new cars non interesting as it is. I am not a fan of stuff like the Veloster N.
I bought a FiST because of how it drove and it was one of the first new cars in years that I felt was worth buying.
If I wound up in your shoes though , the chances of finding another new one are diminishing fast anyways. So I would be right back were I usually am with buying cars buying used.
I do a good inspection of the car and I am good.

Anyways I did not buy this car on a whim or to own a few years and toss. Its here or the model is here to stay in my life long term.
Love them feel they are rare diamond in the rough so to speak.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Took mine to the dealer today and they took pics of my hood. I’m gonna try to get that fixed first then hit them up when doors get little worse. This situation is pretty sad for car being little over year old.

Krug if some how you would be interested in selling lsd trans or swapping trans or some smit let me know. I’d be interested in maybe working something out if you did.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Good luck with your warranty repair. If it's confined to just your hood, then you've got a good chance of having a relatively pain-free warranty experience.

As for the trans, for the cost you're honestly probably better off just installing a LSD yourself if you're already willing to drop and swap transaxles. Cracking open the trans and swapping the diff is a cakewalk in comparison to actually getting the trans in and out of the car. And trust me, the whole process is not as difficult as you might think. Check out the posts in my build thread about it - there's nothing THAT special you need to do, like finding the correct preload shims or anything.

Thanks Krug. I was always scared of because thought had to do all the shim bs. If dont gotta deal with that it prob not too bad. Would have been a good long weekend to do if I had the parts :(

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Took mine by my bodyshop to get pics and them submitted to Ford. We'll see how it goes. Mine isn't necessarily that bad, just want to get it fixed before it gets too bad. The worst part is a spot on the inside edge of the Hatch lid, if I had a small flathead I would be able to flake the paint off.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
I heard back last week on mine. They are replacing the hood. Now I’m just worried about paint matching on my orange spice lol

I have this paint lifting issue near the edges too on my 2015. I bought my st used from a Dodge dealership. Does anyone know how I should go about getting warranty work done since I didn't buy it from a Ford dealer?

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
My driver door handle is peeling by the lock button. I really just don't want to drop the car off for a week at the dealer to get it painted.

I did order some Dr. Color Chip paint to fix a spot on my bumper and it came out pretty great. Perhaps I'll try to fix the handle too.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Got a call back from my Ford bodyshop advisor. Mine will be covered and I just need to bring it in for get repainted. So thats great news!

I'll try and get pics of my issues for everyone to see.