Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Paint Defect (Bubbling/Corrosion/Etc) Resource Thread

You could try a different Ford and explain to them what’s been going on. Maybe they will help more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
As you can see by the pictures I have paint peeling off on the hatch.
My goal is to contact a dealer this week that has a body shop and try to make an appointment and get the process started.
The dealership I bought it from does not have a body shop.
This is very disappointing.
I'm not going to lie I'm a little bit heartbroken.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

My goal is to contact a dealer this week that has a body shop and try to make an appointment and get the process started.

That’s a common spot. I have heard it’s do to that panel not being tight enough and the vibrations chip the paint.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
jtuffy96 is correct. The official fix for that is thin strips of paint protection film in the gap, which is found on '18 and '19 models from the factory.
So I'm assuming if they would fix it under warranty they would repaint it, and then apply paint protection film.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
First day had good amount of sun since got my car back. Is this acceptable paint match lol????? A1C0EE35-46BA-4537-B848-7DE4F44FE86A.jpeg

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
And now imagine them doing rear 1/4 in that same color full of dust and dirt in the paint and scratches etc and blended down side of car.......
Not good. I hope you get this worked out. That is some bull.

And now imagine them doing rear 1/4 in that same color full of dust and dirt in the paint and scratches etc and blended down side of car.......
Yeah it’s not going to be good. I have noticed that with the work that was done on my car. Every time I brought something to their attention after they painted that area he would come back with “that looks like dirt in the paint, let’s just leave that for a bit and see what happens” like my car was some type of experiment lol.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account

Mine's doing that, too.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
So today after long phone call with ford I got approval to bring my car to another ford dealer after all my issues with original dealer. Now that 1/2 of one side of car and hood don’t match the rest of it I’m not sure how long will be In The fiesta game. Sad end of year after having one of my best autocross seasons ever in the car.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
So today after long phone call with ford I got approval to bring my car to another ford dealer after all my issues with original dealer. Now that 1/2 of one side of car and hood don’t match the rest of it I’m not sure how long will be In The fiesta game. Sad end of year after having one of my best autocross seasons ever in the car.
Don't give up, yet. Maybe the other guys will get it right.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

Welcome to the Club! That's the First spot I found mine at 37k and Ford told me to beat feet.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Welcome to the Club! That's the First spot I found mine at 37k and Ford told me to beat feet.

I'm still under warranty. Guess I better get started.

Wouldn’t hurt. I’m surprised they even reached out to you. I’d give them one more shot.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
I’m not sure about any shops around the area. I had one ford dealer paint side of my trailblazer ss years ago and did great job but who knows now. I agree with the damn orange being pita. All cars from now on will be more of a standard color. I do kind of wanna give them a chance as they are willing to try and correct. I think someone new was on the job the first time lol

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I wonder if a class action lawsuit would help those who have been screwed.