Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Parking like a BOSS.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
As I said, I think when you're taking two spaces in the circumstances you described, at the far end of a large empty parking lot, you're not doing anything wrong. When I say you're asking for trouble though, I don't mean that because I think you deserve it for parking that way. What I mean is that when you call attention to your car that way by showing that you're taking extra care to protect it, you might make it a target for someone with bad intentions when it wouldn't otherwise have been.
^^^THIS, EXACTLY!!
I really don't care either way, but you are begging for/challenging someone to be an even bigger dick than what they perceive you as being, OR that you care a lot about your ride for parking like that, and keying up your paint, ice picking your side walls, and breaking windows/lenses out of spite. [:(]

Diametrically the opposite outcome of what you were trying to prevent in the first place, by parking like that.

Last edited:
OP
Black Fists Matter

Black Fists Matter

U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #42
^^^THIS, EXACTLY!!
I really don't care either way, but you are begging for/challenging someone to be an even bigger dick than what they perceive you as being, OR that you care a lot about your ride for parking like that, and keying up your paint, ice picking your side walls, and breaking windows/lenses out of spite. [:(]

Diametrically the opposite outcome of what you were trying to prevent in the first place, by parking like that.
I’m glad I don’t live where you do.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I am fun at parties, what an astute observation. Idk if I'm a self-proclaimed BOSS but maybe I'll get there one day.
I've Been told my multiple older dudes that when they call someone Boss.....they're secretly calling them Stupid Son Of a Bitch just backwards....its just a clever Acronym*

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Business6

I only do it when there is plenty of parking and at the very back of the parking lot. I also don’t live in a typical big city.
I have to stress that you're not considering what other, random people think when they see that: it's a "I'm better than you" move, regardless as to whether or not that's your intent.

It's just attention grabbing and you invite exactly what you're trying to avoid. People laugh at drivers who do this and fuck with them. Why bother giving them the motivation?

Have to say as well, with this being a cheap car in price and quality that it's just condescending.

How many of you park like this? I only do it when there’s plenty of parking and in the back of the parking lot.
Fk if I did that here in Australia, that would be enough of an excuse for these jealous Aussies to damage my car.. Just the look of these cars make a lot of them so angry for some reason..

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk

Business6

Fk if I did that here in Australia, that would be enough of an excuse for these jealous Aussies to damage my car.. Just the look of these cars make a lot of them so angry for some reason..
It's evident that it isn't envy (and certainly not jealousy) when people react to someone parking like that.

Regarding your last line I guess I need clarification but you're saying that the car, an object that's pretty useless without a person at the wheel, makes people...angry? And you're 100% sure this has nothing to do with how you drive?

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Capri to ST said:
As I said, I think when you're taking two spaces in the circumstances you described, at the far end of a large empty parking lot, you're not doing anything wrong. When I say you're asking for trouble though, I don't mean that because I think you deserve it for parking that way. What I mean is that when you call attention to your car that way by showing that you're taking extra care to protect it, you might make it a target for someone with bad intentions when it wouldn't otherwise have been.
^^^THIS, EXACTLY!!

Seems I vaguely recall someone doing property damage themselves, or watching it happen with someone else's... either here or on some other forum.

When it comes to driving or parking, it's not my role in life to teach other people lessons. Just leave'em alone and hopefully no one gets hurt. One exception might be, driving on the wrong side of the freeway however. Authorities might get notified in such a case. I also try to witness for wrecks because people just flat out lie to avoid responsibility. But that's dealing with the victim rather than the perpetrator.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
How many of you park like this? I only do it when there’s plenty of parking and in the back of the parking lot.
1649608426363.png
I personally just look for curb spaces... like the one right next to your door. It's smaller car so you can put it really close to that curb and shove it deep into the parking space. I share your concern but just deal with it differently.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
DIfferent location, different car, but recall parking at work when the lot was under construction (no painted lines). Someone left a nasty-gram under my wiper insulting my car and parking. Funny thing was, I actually parked perfectly fine. I just figured she (based on handwriting) was having a bad day or whatever. 🤷‍♂️ Also funny, my "sh*tty" manual shift car with >270k was likely more reliable than whatever auto-trans equipped vehicle she was in. Only reason I had to unload it at 327k was rust. 😎 Drivetrain was solid though.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I personally just look for curb spaces... like the one right next to your door. It's smaller car so you can put it really close to that curb and shove it deep into the parking space. I share your concern but just deal with it differently.
Yup, same here.

But that also exacerbates the chance of scraping your nice bronze Dekagrams against said curb if it is on the passenger side of the car, and you are in a hurry (like I did yesterday [:(] [mad] [chair]).

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Yup, same here.

But that also exacerbates the chance of scraping your nice bronze Dekagrams against said curb if it is on the passenger side of the car, and you are in a hurry (like I did yesterday [:(] [mad] [chair]).
Oye until I got used to it, the slanted profile of the window frames threw me wwaayy off every time...

The real question is if it's "in the back of the lot with plenty of parking and not inconveniencing anyone because there's plenty of spots around", why bother to take up 2 spaces? What problem does it even solve?

OP
Black Fists Matter

Black Fists Matter

U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #53
I parked that way just for the pic. I was at PT and the parking lot never fills up. It’s funny how people automatically assume I make it habit. Truth is I have a handicapped placard. I get a nice big parking spot most places I go. Because I’m not as buggered up as some I never take the last handicapped spot. This pic in no way represents who or how I am. The fear of door dings is a real and valid one. If I see someone with a nice car parked this way it doesn’t bother me in the least.

OP
Black Fists Matter

Black Fists Matter

U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #54
The real question is if it's "in the back of the lot with plenty of parking and not inconveniencing anyone because there's plenty of spots around", why bother to take up 2 spaces? What problem does it even solve?

I parked that way just for the pic. I was at PT and the parking lot never fills up. It’s funny how people automatically assume I make it habit. Truth is I have a handicapped placard. I get a nice big parking spot most places I go. Because I’m not as buggered up as some I never take the last handicapped spot. This pic in no way represents who or how I am. The fear of door dings is a real and valid one. If I see someone with a nice car parked this way it doesn’t bother me in the least.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Oh I understand now. I gittit. 😎 It was just a spur of the moment, "I'm going to have fun with the internet" kind of thing. Because we've all seen people who *have* parked that way and under much less "gracious" circumstances, you kind of (unwittingly) set yourself up as the fall guy. 😜 Sorry we ruined your fun.