Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Parking like a BOSS.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Easiest ways to prevent dings is to find the spot that has a curb on one side, and back in as close to the curb as you can. Tilt your mirror down and use your mirror to back in to avoid curbing a wheel, then you'll have tons of room on the "unprotected side"
Exactly what I've been doing for as long as I can remember. Taking up two spots is ausually a dick move. But to play devil's advocate, if done waaay in the back of the lot where nobody parks anyway is it really a problem?

Exactly what I've been doing for as long as I can remember. Taking up two spots is ausually a dick move. But to play devil's advocate, if done waaay in the back of the lot where nobody parks anyway is it really a problem?
IMO regardless of where you're at, double parking is bone-head "i'm cooler than everyone else" energy lol

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I don't think it's necessarily doing anything wrong if you're way on the other side of a parking lot with lots of empty space, but I do think that right or wrong, it's asking for trouble.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
My bronze Dekagrams are my daily driver wheels, so I expect some crap to happen to them along the line.

What tends to save them somewhat is the super wide section width 205/50 Neo Gens on them, which are actually 'pinched' even though mounted on an 8" wide wheel.

There are times when I am sorry I did not go with the narrower, and higher numerical offset (unlike most on here, I HATE 'poke'!), and yes, heavier Terras for daily driver use, for many reasons.
I'm thinking about terras, what made you choose the dekagrams over the terras and what do you like about the terras?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I'm thinking about terras, what made you choose the dekagrams over the terras and what do you like about the terras?
Basically, I was listening to everyone (and myself) about the weight, and the flow formed casting of the Dekas, as well as I got them for less per wheel than what Tire Rack, as the sole/only source of Sparco wheels here, due to their 'exclusive' with OZed, was charging for the Terras at that time (which is even MORE now, but I am sure that the Dekas can no longer be had for less than $130.00 a wheel anywhere, anymore, either. [wink] [:(]).

I also really liked the style of the Dekas, except for those extra 'lightening holes' around the lug bore inset, but the Terras, and all of the other Sparco wheels have these as well, so that's a wash.

I like the Terras because I have since discovered how strong they are, the rally styling, the fact that I will not get any guff from any shop about putting a 205 sized tire on them (because 7" width), and most of all, NO 'POKE', due to their 1" narrower width, and slightly lower offset (this is particularly noticeable with the Dekas, on the rear axle, to me at least [:(]).

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
To Aid in the Ding issue....I will park in a Remote place like the opposite corner of the lot from everyone and just walk in...plus it gets me more steps in during the day running errands.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Absolutely harmless and not a problem, but a dick move nonetheless

OP
Black Fists Matter

Black Fists Matter

U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #29
No, never.

No one likes this and doing it invites all sorts of bullshit that would easily be remedied by parking how you should.
I only do it when there is plenty of parking and at the very back of the parking lot. I also don’t live in a typical big city.

Last edited:
OP
Black Fists Matter

Black Fists Matter

U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #30
WoW. This really struck a cord with some of you. If you notice in the picture there is plenty of parking and I only do it at the very back of the parking lot. Also I live in a very laid back small town. As long as someone isn’t inconveniencing someone else nobody seems to care. Why would you?

OP
Black Fists Matter

Black Fists Matter

U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #32
It only bothers those that are already bothered. 😂

OP
Black Fists Matter

Black Fists Matter

U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #33
I don't think it's necessarily doing anything wrong if you're way on the other side of a parking lot with lots of empty space, but I do think that right or wrong, it's asking for trouble.
IMO regardless of where you're at, double parking is bone-head "i'm cooler than everyone else" energy lol
That’s too bad that’s how you perceive it. When I see it done in full lot I think what an asshole. When I see it in the back of a parking lot with no other cars around I think smart move to protect your investment.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
That’s too bad that’s how you perceive it. When I see it done in full lot I think what an asshole. When I see it in the back of a parking lot with no other cars around I think smart move to protect your investment.
As I said, I think when you're taking two spaces in the circumstances you described, at the far end of a large empty parking lot, you're not doing anything wrong. When I say you're asking for trouble though, I don't mean that because I think you deserve it for parking that way.What I mean is that when you call attention to your car that way by showing that you're taking extra care to protect it, you might make it a target for someone with bad intentions when it wouldn't otherwise have been.

OP
Black Fists Matter

Black Fists Matter

U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #36
As I said, I think when you're taking two spaces in the circumstances you described, at the far end of a large empty parking lot, you're not doing anything wrong. When I say you're asking for trouble though, I don't mean that because I think you deserve it for parking that way.What I mean is that when you call attention to your car that way by showing that you're taking extra care to protect it, you might make it a target for someone with bad intentions when it wouldn't otherwise have been.
I understand what you mean. That’s where I believe living right makes a difference. I’m also not too concerned because you can’t go outside without being videotaped and where I parked was in a professional building parking lot. It’s only the second time I’ve park like that. I don’t make it habit. I also didn’t realize how many people that picture would bother. Good information.