Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Planning a turbo upgrade and I need some help please lol

koozy

3000 Post Club
Going 'stealth' (UP TOP at least LOL!) with the factory air box/intake tubes??

That stuff sure is PURDY!! [twothumb]

In that last pic, the DHM system looks like it is about to EAT the stocker, WHOLE, AND IN ONE BITE! [crazyeye]
I have several intake options I swap out from time to time depending on season LOL.

Stock, Stock w/silicone intake tube and CP-E Intake. The CP-E actually showed gains.

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
Oh ok nice, your running a cyborg right? Where did you buy one? I tried looking it up on google but didn't find it
Just get in touch with Sourskittle. Send him a PM and he'll get right back to you. They're made to order and only took around 10 days to get mine and I ordered min fully loaded. You can get just the base turbo, or you can order it with big turbo inlet, Higher rated EFR wastage, Ported Exhaust manifold etc. My info is in my sig. He is a top notch guy and if you have any issues with your turbo, (which you won't) he will be there every step of the way. I've seen instances where he sent someone a new turbo next day due to an issue that was actually caused by the installer. My wastage wasn't holding enough boost for my target, so he got me a better waste gate at no charge and since I'm local he even installed it at no charge. Sourskittle is a great guy and he knows his stuff when it comes to turbos. You should check out some of his threads. Once I'm done tuning, I'll start a thread detailing all my mods and throw up some dyno sheets so people can get a better idea of what this turbo is capable of. Lets just say I''m very happy with my purchase. Spool is almost like stock and boost stays at 26psi to 7k RPM. Try that with the stock turbo.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
What is the option's (?), or setup's purpose where there is a stainless tube welded into the center of the factory manifold that I've seen on some hybrid systems on here? [dunno]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Just how close to 300 whp can one get with a Cyborg on 93 E10 ONLY, and a 'pushing it', maxed out type tune, with NO auxiliary fueling/WMI/etc.??

Still FAR FAR away, or surprisingly close? [dunno] (Yes, I know the 'danger' here, and to prevent that risk is as much the reason for those fueling add ons as making power is, but still, is it possible?)

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Just how close to 300 whp can one get with a Cyborg on 93 E10 ONLY, and a 'pushing it', maxed out type tune, with NO auxiliary fueling/WMI/etc.??

Still FAR FAR away, or surprisingly close? [dunno] (Yes, I know the 'danger' here, and to prevent that risk is as much the reason for those fueling add ons as making power is, but still, is it possible?)
About 230-250. Somewhere in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
I know. It also says 320whp capable, but no one has sniffed anywhere close to that with Meth and E-30. Don't get me wrong, it appears to be a very good turbo for it being stock housing, just that lately there seem to be myths growing about it. You want 250ish to 260 on 93 Octane. I say its probably attainable with supporting mods and a very aggressive tune.

OP
D
Thread Starter #32
Just get in touch with Sourskittle. Send him a PM and he'll get right back to you. They're made to order and only took around 10 days to get mine and I ordered min fully loaded. You can get just the base turbo, or you can order it with big turbo inlet, Higher rated EFR wastage, Ported Exhaust manifold etc. My info is in my sig. He is a top notch guy and if you have any issues with your turbo, (which you won't) he will be there every step of the way. I've seen instances where he sent someone a new turbo next day due to an issue that was actually caused by the installer. My wastage wasn't holding enough boost for my target, so he got me a better waste gate at no charge and since I'm local he even installed it at no charge. Sourskittle is a great guy and he knows his stuff when it comes to turbos. You should check out some of his threads. Once I'm done tuning, I'll start a thread detailing all my mods and throw up some dyno sheets so people can get a better idea of what this turbo is capable of. Lets just say I''m very happy with my purchase. Spool is almost like stock and boost stays at 26psi to 7k RPM. Try that with the stock turbo.
How much did you spend on your kit if you don't mind me asking. You bought it with the manifold,turbo, and wastegate correct?

OP
D
Thread Starter #33
Btw are the x37 just ported out stock turbos? It's cuz ive seen size comparison pics and they looked the same size

my x37 tuned on a dyno got 220ish on 91 (no eth). 255 on e30 mix. stock exhaust, mountune intercooler. the run of the mill actuator. I asked for a solid not ragged edge tune. not bragging, not complaining, just saying.
the mountune ic is holding me back. wished I picked out something more efficient. bob

just more info to help you choose your path.

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
How much did you spend on your kit if you don't mind me asking. You bought it with the manifold,turbo, and wastegate correct?
My full set up costs $1,400. cyborg turbo, ported exhaust manifold, big turbo inlet & upgraded wastegate. There is an option for an external wastegate with dump tube also. I also opted for heat wrapping on my manifold and downpipe & turbo jacket to keep temps down a bit.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
My full set up costs $1,400. cyborg turbo, ported exhaust manifold, big turbo inlet & upgraded wastegate. There is an option for an external wastegate with dump tube also. I also opted for heat wrapping on my manifold and downpipe & turbo jacket to keep temps down a bit.
That is more than 'reasonable'! [thumb] [coolsmile]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
my x37 tuned on a dyno got 220ish on 91 (no eth). 255 on e30 mix. stock exhaust, mountune intercooler. the run of the mill actuator. I asked for a solid not ragged edge tune. not bragging, not complaining, just saying.
the mountune ic is holding me back. wished I picked out something more efficient
Is the CP-E IC considered one of the more "efficient" ones out there by this community (at least to handle something less than a big DHM kit), or even for the hybrids, one has to 'step up to' the DHM Race deal to be considered "efficient"??

OP
D
Thread Starter #38
the mountune ic is holding me back. wished I picked out something more efficient. bob

just more info to help you choose your path.
Word thanks so I'm guessing you'd probably push about 240-250 with full bolt on plus tune on 91?

If you want to make a trip down to San Diego one day, I'll take you for a ride in my x37. There are a few of us running them down here now.

OP
D
Thread Starter #40
If you want to make a trip down to San Diego one day, I'll take you for a ride in my x37. There are a few of us running them down here now.
Damn thanks man, kinda far but when I'm out that way I'll send you a msg n see if your free or not.
Btw Are you running it on 91? How is the get up?