Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Planning a turbo upgrade and I need some help please lol

Based

I mean really to put it in perspective... 240whp on a 2750 lbs car is still a 11.45 power to weight. That's still good. A 1998-2004 corvette is a 10.6. A 2015 mustang gt is a 10.

Personally I don't see the point in spending double the money on the DHM kit just to take the fiesta st to that level. Note I said I do not see the point, as in its my personally opinion. If you want a fast car just sell your fiesta st and get a 2011+ mustang gt for around the same price of a new fiesta st maybe a little less. If I had $4000 sitting around to drop all at once I'd be in a 2017 mustang gt right now.

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
I mean really to put it in perspective... 240whp on a 2750 lbs car is still a 11.45 power to weight. That's still good. A 1998-2004 corvette is a 10.6. A 2015 mustang gt is a 10.

Personally I don't see the point in spending double the money on the DHM kit just to take the fiesta st to that level. Note I said I do not see the point, as in its my personally opinion. If you want a fast car just sell your fiesta st and get a 2011+ mustang gt for around the same price of a new fiesta st maybe a little less. If I had $4000 sitting around to drop all at once I'd be in a 2017 mustang gt right now.
about 6 months ago I went to trade my FiST in for a loaded 2015 GT. After driving it, I can say it felt slower than what the numbers say. It also feels like a boat compared to our FiST. As much as I wanted one, I couldn't get over the driving dynamics. I love how nimble the FiST is and now that I have my Cyborg installed and just about done tuning, I'm just as fast as a GT while being way more nimble. Win win in my book. Only regret is the FiST won't sound as good as a Coyote Mustang with full exhaust.[sad]

Based

about 6 months ago I went to trade my FiST in for a loaded 2015 GT. After driving it, I can say it felt slower than what the numbers say. It also feels like a boat compared to our FiST. As much as I wanted one, I couldn't get over the driving dynamics. I love how nimble the FiST is and now that I have my Cyborg installed and just about done tuning, I'm just as fast as a GT while being way more nimble. Win win in my book. Only regret is the FiST won't sound as good as a Coyote Mustang with full exhaust.[sad]
Wow that's interesting thanks for saying that. It's been a while since I've been in a muscle car so I guess I've forgotten how slow they feel.

OP
D
Thread Starter #84
..........so it seems like the x37 on 91 will get me about 20-40hp gains for $2500 and DHM on 91 will get me about 40-60hp gain for $3800.......damn lol, fucking cali....great weed but horrible car laws lmao this sucks smh
once again I really appreciate everybody trying to help me out, I guess I made up my mind.

..........so it seems like the x37 on 91 will get me about 20-40hp gains for $2500 and DHM on 91 will get me about 40-60hp gain for $3800.......damn lol, fucking cali....great weed but horrible car laws lmao this sucks smh
once again I really appreciate everybody trying to help me out, I guess I made up my mind.
Why aren't you tuning on ethanol? With the access-port you can have a 91 map and an E30 map for when you want to have fun. In LA you may have to drive a bit, but you should have E85 around.

OP
D
Thread Starter #86
Why aren't you tuning on ethanol? With the access-port you can have a 91 map and an E30 map for when you want to have fun. In LA you may have to drive a bit, but you should have E85 around.
Unless I bring a extra tank to put the fuel in it, it will be about half tank to drive there and another half tank to be back home....so yea it's kinda pointless unless I just plan of having fun for a bit around the station that has it

OP
D
Thread Starter #87
I mean if there was one close by then I'll fursure do that and run the x37 pushing about 250-270 and be happy or the DHM n push more but yea.....fucking sucks smh lol hijinx also provided me with a dyno from a DHM kit on 91(very thankful to him for bothering to do all that to help me out) and pushes about 260-270. "Sigh"...so tbh...as much as I love my little fiesta....given my limited option in fuel(91oct) and comparing the gains & prices...I think I might just go back to a rotary and keep the ST on Cobb stg3. since my friend has a auction license, I'm gonna try to find a FD for like $3k-$7k and if I don't find one...well..... seems like i might have to just do a DHM kit on 91 or a different jap car...fuck man this sucks lol couple of people have told me on here that the x37(no meth,no auex, & on 91oct) will be pushing around 230-240hp and I'm not gonna pay $2000-$2500 for like 20hp. I'm not talking bad about anybody's set ups or anything close to that so please don't misunderstand my typing from my iphone but with my limited options it's just not worth it....and id rather buy (if I do find one) a FD any day over a DHM kit(THIS IS JUST MY PERSONAL PREFERENCE)
And this will be very off topic but my friend found a fully built 07 STI for under $2500 at the auction so I might find something else, or might find the FD for very close to the DHM kit.
Or I can built a shit-can 240 w/ skyline engine lol