Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Planning a turbo upgrade and I need some help please lol

I'm on 91 most of the time since ethanol is not close to me at all. I love the 91 octane on the x37. I am also tuned for e30. E30 is a big difference. It's noticeably faster. I ran ethanol ol like 3 tanks in a row and went back to 91 and the car felt slow. But having been on 91 again for 3 weeks, the car is still fast. E30 just makes it stupid fast. If that helps you. My guess is I'm at around 250 to 260 whp. I'll be doing a dyno day soon.

OP
D
Thread Starter #42
I'm on 91 most of the time since ethanol is not close to me at all. I love the 91 octane on the x37. I am also tuned for e30. E30 is a big difference. It's noticeably faster. I ran ethanol ol like 3 tanks in a row and went back to 91 and the car felt slow. But having been on 91 again for 3 weeks, the car is still fast. E30 just makes it stupid fast. If that helps you. My guess is I'm at around 250 to 260 whp. I'll be doing a dyno day soon.
Did you buy the whole kit?

OP
D
Thread Starter #45
btw is anybody running the quickspool kit on 91? just curious on how it runs on 91......seem like my options are either the x37 kit,DHM quickspool, or atp GTX2860R w/ aux or meth and manifold from pumaspeed.......& as much as I like my fiesta im really debating if I should just buy a 240sx shell for like $200 and slap on a skyline engine for the money instead lol

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
Depends on what you want. Want to go fast and drive a rattling shit box with no a/c, creature comforts. Buy the shell. Is it strictly for racing? If you're gonna drive it on the street, then you have to insure another car as well. What do u want out of your FiST? Do u wanna drag race it? Auto cross probably not. Road race? Or just want a quick street car?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
btw is anybody running the quickspool kit on 91? just curious on how it runs on 91......seem like my options are either the x37 kit,DHM quickspool, or atp GTX2860R w/ aux or meth and manifold from pumaspeed.......& as much as I like my fiesta im really debating if I should just buy a 240sx shell for like $200 and slap on a skyline engine for the money instead lol
You can get RB20 DETs COMPLETE for < $2500.00?!? LOL

OP
D
Thread Starter #48
Depends on what you want. Want to go fast and drive a rattling shit box with no a/c, creature comforts. Buy the shell. Is it strictly for racing? If you're gonna drive it on the street, then you have to insure another car as well. What do u want out of your FiST? Do u wanna drag race it? Auto cross probably not. Road race? Or just want a quick street car?
lol well I just want a fast street car, just want something to boost from around 2500-3500 till redline with more power and worth the money....I just don't feel its got enough straight line power on the stock turbo.and after 3rd gear I notice a huge lack/diffrence of power compare to 2nd n 3rd. I'm not trying to go like 150mph+ or anything crazy like that but I do want a pretty fast 0-100mph.i also owned a rotary and my friend that got me into tuning n shit has a FD rx-7 and a giant single turbo rx-3....so i really do miss the whole 9000-10000+ rpm lol. not expecting that part tho. i seen that also due to my shitty CA laws Ive only got 91oct.i know the x37, bigger atps, and dhm will probably get me far more better dyno results if i had access to ethonal or higher octane pump gas. I work at a body shop so I get to test drive loads of cars and I'm not expecting a neck snapping Porsche gts power but I would like the car to pull on boost like a 392 challenger or even harder. I'm on 91oct and cobb stg3, I have dusted some g35s,bmws(not M series),benz(not the newer AMGs,but some older),base Camaro,stangs,and challengers. i went at it with a Camaro ss before an didn't get left(only cuz fiestas are waaaaaay more nimble and there was slight traffic on the freeway) but he just slowly creep up and passed me on the straight(as it should of)....so i guess i just want my fiesta to have straight line power to keep up or if not beat STOCK nice cars like M series, AMGs, SS, 5.0s. i seen that upgraded turbos will pull off on STOCK sti,evos,and some V8s that i listed. but i seen the atp turbo fiesta vs a 3.8 gen with an exhaust n the gen was next to him the almost whole time. don't get me wrong the gen is a nice looking car but i drove the 2.0T and the 3.8 N/A, and i was actually gonna buy one but was disappointed in how it felt(power/torque/and speed). so seeing that vid made me seriously research the right kinda of turbos kits available right now, and also made me think i might just want a toy(240sx w/ skyline engine) and leave my fiesta stock. and yea if i do the 240sx skyline project ill probably get a shitty ass liability only insurance for like $30 month lol i can live with that lmfao

OP
D
Thread Starter #49
sorry but i couldint undertstand your statement/comment/sentence my bad bro lol
but I'm pretty i can get a 240sx w/ rb25 running for like 4000-5000. probably around 7000-8000, maaaayyybeeee 9k if i decide to work on the all the exterior and make it look like one of those show cars lol

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
i went at it with a Camaro ss before an didn't get left(only cuz fiestas are waaaaaay more nimble and there was slight traffic on the freeway) but he just slowly creep up and passed me on the straight(as it should of)
PLEASE don't tell me you were doing the 'ricer weave', out on a crowed LA freeway, just to try and 'kill', or show up, a "big bad domestic V-8". [nono]

grnmachine02

You gotta find the right deal. I got a 2jz for $400 a few months ago. Granted, that's minus the ECM (which doesn't matter because megasquirt) and trans (which again didn't matter to me because I have a trans already.)

Edit:// sorry for the off topic

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
sorry but i couldint undertstand your statement/comment/sentence my bad bro lol
but I'm pretty i can get a 240sx w/ rb25 running for like 4000-5000. probably around 7000-8000, maaaayyybeeee 9k if i decide to work on the all the exterior and make it look like one of those show cars lol
I recommend getting either a Cyborg or X-37 and get an AEM WMI kit. My car on 93 Oct feels great. I can't beat a 5.0 from a dig, but from a roll I can keep neck and neck with one. If you had either of these turbos with Meth, you should be able to beat one. You're not going to beat an M3, not the new ones anyway with these turbos. For that you're gonna have to go big. I'm happy with my turbo so far, and I come from a fully built Subaru. Built as in new race block, Crank, Cams, Pistons, Studs, Rods, Big Turbo, Fuel Pump, Injectors, Aem Meth injection etc. It feels really good. Pulls hard all the way to redline. Haven't run it at the track to see what it'll do. Ill be putting it on the dyno in a week or 2 to see what numbers it puts up, but regardless of numbers, I really like the character of the car now and how it drives. Good spool characteristics and pulls all the way to redline. Just wanted to give you some options, because I think that if you drove a car with one of these turbos, you'd really like it.

OP
D
Thread Starter #53
PLEASE don't tell me you were doing the 'ricer weave', out on a crowed LA freeway, just to try and 'kill', or show up, a "big bad domestic V-8". [nono]
I have no idea what you mean but what happened that day was me & the maro saw a badass M5 and the traffic really wasint bad at all(everybody was going like 70 smooth) n we both wanted to see the m5 dip out but he never did n that's when we both were like fuck it.

OP
D
Thread Starter #54
You gotta find the right deal. I got a 2jz for $400 a few months ago. Granted, that's minus the ECM (which doesn't matter because megasquirt) and trans (which again didn't matter to me because I have a trans already.)

Edit:// sorry for the off topic
Word damn for $400 is a steal if the engine wasint like damaged or anytime like that which I'm sure you wouldn't have bought it up on here if it was lol
What are you gonna put it in? Supra shell?
Or I can also buy a Rx-8 with a blown engine for like 2G n buy a FD for like another 2G and around another 2G for everything else I need to run it n tune but I had a rx8 & now I'm in a fiesta n I Iove it but I wish the parts can be as cheap as 240's T-T lol

OP
D
Thread Starter #55
I recommend getting either a Cyborg or X-37 and get an AEM WMI kit. My car on 93 Oct feels great. I can't beat a 5.0 from a dig, but from a roll I can keep neck and neck with one. If you had either of these turbos with Meth, you should be able to beat one. You're not going to beat an M3, not the new ones anyway with these turbos. For that you're gonna have to go big. I'm happy with my turbo so far, and I come from a fully built Subaru. Built as in new race block, Crank, Cams, Pistons, Studs, Rods, Big Turbo, Fuel Pump, Injectors, Aem Meth injection etc. It feels really good. Pulls hard all the way to redline. Haven't run it at the track to see what it'll do. Ill be putting it on the dyno in a week or 2 to see what numbers it puts up, but regardless of numbers, I really like the character of the car now and how it drives. Good spool characteristics and pulls all the way to redline. Just wanted to give you some options, because I think that if you drove a car with one of these turbos, you'd really like it.
Hey honestly thanks for always replying. And yea I think all that it really comes down to is that I haven't drove one with a turbo upgrade yet. and the x37 seem to be reasonably a good price also. I still didnt hit up sourskittles about the cyborg yet but if I do puma speed I don't want to be fiestaless for like 3-4weeks lol
And damn, sounds like a mean ass subie ????????

Based

Hey honestly thanks for always replying. And yea I think all that it really comes down to is that I haven't drove one with a turbo upgrade yet. and the x37 seem to be reasonably a good price also. I still didnt hit up sourskittles about the cyborg yet but if I do puma speed I don't want to be fiestaless for like 3-4weeks lol
And damn, sounds like a mean ass subie ????????
If you are concerned about being without a turbo while they send you your x37, you can just order one and then when you get your x37 you can then send in your stock turbo to get the $500 back.

OP
D
Thread Starter #57
If you are concerned about being without a turbo while they send you your x37, you can just order one and then when you get your x37 you can then send in your stock turbo to get the $500 back.
Oh word, thanks I didn't know that

grnmachine02

Word damn for $400 is a steal if the engine wasint like damaged or anytime like that which I'm sure you wouldn't have bought it up on here if it was lol
What are you gonna put it in? Supra shell?
Or I can also buy a Rx-8 with a blown engine for like 2G n buy a FD for like another 2G and around another 2G for everything else I need to run it n tune but I had a rx8 & now I'm in a fiesta n I Iove it but I wish the parts can be as cheap as 240's T-T lol
It's going in an old Volvo wagon.