Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Poor mileage loss of boost issue

Dpro

3000 Post Club
Premium Account
sounds like you could be running rich. I know when I went to stage 3 stock turbo tune my car started eating gas. I average around 24mpg combined on the straight freeway I do much better. Though get in any in town driving and fuel just gets sucked down. I don’t drive with the lightest of foots either though. lol It will be interesting to see what happens after the s280 goes and I am dyno tuned . That happens on Nov10-11.

Last edited:
OP
D
Thread Starter #22
Would there be any reason to think the HPFP tappet would be worn out at my mileage? I have been tuned for 30,000 miles and my hybrid turbo has about 45k miles.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

8000 Post Club
Premium Account
Would there be any reason to think the HPFP tappet would be worn out at my mileage? I have been tuned for 30,000 miles and my hybrid turbo has about 45k miles.

Highly doubt it* but if you wanna do it...Go for it!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

haste

I've wondered that same thing with my car. I don't take it easy on it though and get about 25mpg. If I visit my parents which is about a 190 mile trip each way I average about 29-30mpg. I've had my hybrid for almost 50k miles now and my engine is at 86k miles

TyphoonFiST

8000 Post Club
Premium Account
Take out the cam bucket and set a metal flat edge across it and take a feeler gauge preferably a offset Feeler gauge go in between the cam bucket and flat edge. That will tell you how much it is worn.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk