Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

GB Potential Group Buy - Fiesta ST Drift Button (Handbrake Button Mod)

Trader history for JDG (0)

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hey Folks,

So I have been working on another project for the Fiesta that enables the handbrake to be used without the button popping out to lock it into place. This has been a particular sore point for me during rallycross events when I use the handbrake and I don't fully compress the button leaving it up one or two "clicks" and the car starts beeping at me (and I think something more serious is wrong like overheating).

The handbrake remains fully functional by pulling it out to lock it into place.

Here it is in action:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qzl50rKCBYI&feature=youtu.be

The button will be two pieces and be made of 3D printed ABS plastic in black. I am doing this for myself but was wondering if anyone else would be interested. I would be willing to do this for the community if I could get minimum 5 people interested. Price would be right around $55. The installation would also require you remove the plastic/rubber cover off the handbrake (requires heating it up with a heat gun on a low setting and working it off). The install is fairly involved compared to other vehicles due to the spring location on the Fiesta.

I'll keep track if folks are interested.

Last edited:

Dpro

6000 Post Club
This is interesting. I am interested to know how well the stock handbrake setup works to initiate. I am totally aware of drift buttons coming from the 240sx world.

due to late night typo

Last edited:
OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #3
This is interesting. I am interested to know how when the stock handbrake setup works to initiate. I am totally aware of drift buttons coming from the 240sx world.
Not entirely sure I follow but the stock handbrake won’t do much on dry pavement other than get the front pointed into a turn.

It’s more used for getting the back end around on loose surfaces like snow and dirt and wet tarmac.

I really just used the “drift” moniker because then people would understand what it is. I’ve had this idea for awhile and never knew it had a real name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm interested, but I'm no guinea pig...I'd definitely be in after I hear reviews from the first run.

OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #5
I'm interested, but I'm no guinea pig...I'd definitely be in after I hear reviews from the first run.
Understood, wouldn’t be making any for the forum until I install/test mine. Install will be tough and not for everyone.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Not entirely sure I follow but the stock handbrake won’t do much on dry pavement other than get the front pointed into a turn.

It’s more used for getting the back end around on loose surfaces like snow and dirt and wet tarmac.

I really just used the “drift” moniker because then people would understand what it is. I’ve had this idea for awhile and never knew it had a real name.

There were some late night typos in that comment hahahhaha it should read would like to know how well it makes the stock handbrake setup initiate. You stated that above. I asked that also because specifically at Octane academy they had install a bigger rear hydraulic hand brake setup in the cars specifically for corner initiation and sliding.

OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #7
There were some late night typos in that comment hahahhaha it should read would like to know how well it makes the stock handbrake setup initiate. You stated that above. I asked that also because specifically at Octane academy they had install a bigger rear hydraulic hand brake setup in the cars specifically for corner initiation and sliding.
Yeah a hydraulic handbrake would be a whole 'nother level. This just adds some convenience to using the existing handbrake on loose surfaces. A hydraulic unit is definitely in my future but a much bigger undertaking.

OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #9
Doubt we will have enough interest for a group buy. Just reach out to me if you are interested. I’ll send @The Cuzi one so he can review it.

Pictures of the prototype. Working well on the bench.

Last edited:
this is neat, I had one on my S14 when I thought it was going to be a drift car, turned it into grip and left it on there. .

This is pretty neat, is it still working well? No idea how it works but it could be useful