Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rattle help needed!

Izzy

Has anyone encountered a weird vibration from around 3k RPM to about 3400 RPM? I do have the Cobb RMM, but this rattle began months after install so I don't think it's the case. I know car is getting older and it's almost at 20k miles and inherently rattles will occur. In my case it almost seems like the dash is vibrating against the glass. It's become annoying and I want it gone! lol

Any assistance in removing this rattle from my life is much appreciated.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Has anyone encountered a weird vibration from around 3k RPM to about 3400 RPM? In my case it almost seems like the dash is vibrating against the glass. It's become annoying and I want it gone! lol

Any assistance in removing this rattle from my life is much appreciated.
Which glass? I know on mine, the little side windows in front of the A-Pillar were rattling and they ended up fixing that by adding some bushings.

OP
Izzy

Izzy

Thread Starter #3
In my case it seems to be more towards the middle of the dash board. If I push firmly on the dash on the top of screen it stops. only to begin a few minutes later. Don't know if there's a seal/foam between the dash and glass that may be worn. I'm going to sandwich a piece of card board in between the glass and dash just to test theory. If it subsides I'll start looking for a permanent solution.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
In my case it seems to be more towards the middle of the dash board. If I push firmly on the dash on the top of screen it stops. only to begin a few minutes later. Don't know if there's a seal/foam between the dash and glass that may be worn. I'm going to sandwich a piece of card board in between the glass and dash just to test theory. If it subsides I'll start looking for a permanent solution.
Interesting, let us know what you find out.