Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rebuilding TJIN Ford Fiesta ST

OP
F
Thread Starter #61
I finally got back from my trip and I spent some time last night cleaning up the leftover glass pieces around the trunk after the guy replaced the rear glass. I also put the whole trunk back together.

I was also able to lift up the car and everything within the air suspension is working great. It was nice to see it a bit higher so the tires don't rub :)

Now, what is left?
-Hood -- it won't fit in my car so I'm trying to get someone to help me with it today.
-Rear spoiler -- The aftermarket one that came with the car used different screws so I need to source new ones
-Tires -- I need to find wheels/tires that will fit my calipers in the front very badly. This is the only thing stopping me from being able to drive it around at the moment
-ABS programming - I stil have the issue with the ABS, the car runs fine but after going 15mph or so, ambien temp indicator turns off and airbag lights turn on/

Once I'm able to find new wheels/tires the car is going to Ford for diagnosis. I'll also start looking around for paint quotes for the hood and bumper but I may try and do the hood myself though.

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
F
Thread Starter #66
Well, I decided to take it out for a quick spin today and hit some black ice going downhill so I ended up hitting a curb at like 10/15mph and now the front right wheel is pushed back and I can't move the car forward. Thankfully, this happen like a house away form mine so I was able to get the car on my driveway after burning some tire (I still have the smell of rubber on myself) but only halfway so it's not even in the garage...

I'm so upset at myself right now. I was so F-ing close at being done with it and now I'm not even sure what work it needs to be done to fix the steering/suspension work... and honestly, I don't think I have the time for it. I leave the country for a month in just 4 weeks and then when I get back I move to an apartment so I don't think I'll have time to take care of it all.

At this point I feel like just selling it and have someone else with more time and resources take care of it but we'll see how I wake up tomorrow after I calm down. Thankfully the front bumper cover and everything else was fine, but the tire is pushed back badly.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Probably bent the other control arm and tie rod. Id say just hang onto it and when you have a moment, pull the wheel and take a look. I bet it isnt terrible 🙂

PunkST

2000 Post Club
For sure new arm and tie rod. The axle may ha e just popped out of the transmission. Lets hope it didnt tear the boots up. As for the clutch perhaps there is air in the system and it needs to be bled?

OP
F
Thread Starter #71
For sure new arm and tie rod. The axle may ha e just popped out of the transmission. Lets hope it didnt tear the boots up. As for the clutch perhaps there is air in the system and it needs to be bled?
It looks like that axle needs to be replaced big time though haha a new one runs for $140 so I may as well replace it.
But yeah, tie rods need to be replaced along with the control arm (again :mad:). Throw in a new stabilizer link and all I can do is just hope that is it.

Still not sure I want to go through it again... I may test the waters and see if I get any offers on the car as is. Worst case scenario I'll go ahead and fix it.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Lopks loke the half shaft just rubbed on the swaybar. Id send it until the axle starts making noise. In the meantime you could pick up a replacement if she is able to run so that way come spring you can swap it out.

OP
F
Thread Starter #75
Lopks loke the half shaft just rubbed on the swaybar. Id send it until the axle starts making noise. In the meantime you could pick up a replacement if she is able to run so that way come spring you can swap it out.
That's what it looks like but better be safe than sorry, especially after seeing those cv joints so loose and leaking grease, and the clutch acting up. Replacing that front shaft hasn't been that difficult so for $140 I think it was a good choice.

OP
F
Thread Starter #76
Just updated my post with today's update! (in the first page, post #2)
I was able to get the front halfshaft in place but I'm wondering if it looks like it wasn't put all the way in? The bearing is aligned with the metal bracket but it just doesn't look all the way in but I may be overthinking it.

Attachments

PunkST

2000 Post Club
It doesnt look 100% seated to me. Hopefully someone else can show a close up pic tonight. If not then ill grab one early tomorrow for you. This is the passenger side yes?

OP
F
Thread Starter #79
Alright, so time has come to part ways with the Fiesta ST. A very nice deal on a Focus ST came across and have decided to go for it.

The Fiesta has been an awesome project for me but I just don't have the time to finish it anymore plus I expect it to take me a few more weeks to get things worked out and I'm going to be gone overseas for the next month. To make things worse, my lease is up in a couple months and I plan to move to an apartment so I'll have no place to work on it.

Car will be going out for sale but not sure where and/or how much I'll be asking for it so if you have an offer just holler. No, I will not be parting things out, at least not yet.

It's been a very tough decision but I'm very excited to have found a Focus ST I'll just be able to drive right away on this messy weather when I get back in a month. Thank you so much to everyone that has been following this thread and those that have helped me get things working on this car.