Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Removal of grill

Hey guys
Has anyone removed the st grill blanking plates and seen better engine bay temps
Also the engine bay cover has anyone removed this and seen any benefits
Thankyou

Business6

People who track their cars often drill the grille (... forgive me) to open it up for that. The most likely function of it being partially blocked, from my super basic and limited understanding of aerodynamics, is to move air around the front of the car. I don't know if anyone has done before and after testing with it. Just be ready to paint your crash bar black if you choose to do it.

The engine bay cover is just to suppress the noise of the loud ass injectors. I'm not sure if it serves any other purpose, really.

AzNightmare

The reason the lower portion of the grill is covered is because the only thing behind that area is the crash bar.
Unless you're getting a performance crash bar which is a much smaller tube basically, opening that area would serve no purpose other than just exposing your crash bar, which will now need to be painted black if you don't want it to stand out.

If your concern is better cooling, I'd argue proper shrouding will do more for you than opening up the grill. There isn't much obstruction as is in terms of air flow.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk