Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sakel's clean build 2017 magnetic

OP
Sakel
Thread Starter #81
I want to do this mod as well, eventually, and that means AFTER; suspension, brakes, and a limited slip diff, but probably before any turbo kits.

I am sure that, once adjusted, and setup properly, it has insanely great shift 'feel', to the point that it is approaching that 'light switch' feel of a Miata/S2000 with a short shifter installed. [thumb]

My only worry/hesitation about doing this mod, even eventually, is that it looks so totally 'FULL race', that I will then be compelled to do race shell seats, a Sparco race steering wheel, and possibly at least a multi point roll bar to mount the 6 point harnesses to (and then a digital dash, sueded dash top, etc., etc, and it never ends!), just so that it does not look 'out of place' in an otherwise factory interior. LOL
It just makes the car feel so special, like you're in a track car on the road. (even though it's a fairly tame street car)

OP
Sakel
Thread Starter #83
I've been surprised the MPG I get with this turbo. Since I'm not in boost as often, my last long road trip driving normally at 80mpg I managed 33.4 mpg average for the tank!

OP
Sakel
Thread Starter #87
Most people thought I was joking with the edit above, but I followed through. The look is exactly what I wanted, as subtle as something like this can be. My install isn't great, but this was mainly a proof of concept for a custom design later IMG_20200528_170240_159.jpg IMG_20200528_170241_595.jpg

OP
Sakel
Thread Starter #93
Had my first issue with the MRX, nothing major. I've had a small coolant leak for a few weeks now, enough to leave a small puddle but not enough to raise temps when driving. I finally got under the car and fixed it, coolant feed to the turbo was about a quarter turn loose. While I was under the car I checked my intercooler piping, all of my clamps felt loose and I had a major kink in the hotside pipe. Fixed it, and the car feels a tremendous amount sharper. The peak boost is the same, but the turbo comes on harder and seems to have more initial "hit". Tried to get sticky tires today, the shop had a queue of 18 cars so I have to try again tuesday. I'm so excited about tires it's rather silly! I've never had truly good traction with the MRX, when I installed it my federals were about shot, and I went to all seasons around 3 weeks later photo_2020-06-07_00-09-25.jpg

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Maybe ill get a sloth on mine! It would be deceiving! If I could only find one!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
Sakel
Thread Starter #97
I know i'm late to this one but I dig that, its subtle at first glance but when you see it, its like boom. does the wolf carry significance or just a cool image?
It just looks neat, but it was a proof of concept for a custom design. A friend is making it for me, it's what my license plate is. Here's a render of the actual decal, it's still not all the way completed sergocar.jpg

OP
Sakel
Thread Starter #98
Got the new indy 500's put on, and I peeked under the car while it was on the lift to double check everything. Oil drain on the turbo had some wetness, so I asked the tech to make sure it was snug. Three minutes later he walked in the lobby holding half the stud. It's a really weird size, but mountune is senting out a spare now

OP
Sakel
Thread Starter #99
I've got to admit, these new tires are amazing. I had a chance to go out on track today, this thing corners like it's on rails SmartSelect_20200609-145816_Facebook.jpg