Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sakel's clean build 2017 magnetic

OP
Sakel
Thread Starter #42
Well after a day to feel it out, what I thought was a coolant leak in my wheelwell was just a puddle outside my garage. Levels are ok and I don't see any more wet spots. Talked to randy at mountune and he says my boost levels seem normal for a base map, so I think it's all wrapped up! Needs a tune bad, it could push so much more boost and really smacks into the rev limiter. Also surprisingly this turbo made my exhaust much quieter!
View: https://youtu.be/VqslV6dakXg

OP
Sakel
Thread Starter #43
Had to re-run the lines to my boost controller as one rubbed through on the axle, and did some more tweaking. Everything is secured now, tuner has approved the datalogs, and no leaks. It drives so much different, the lack of that instant torque is definitely noticeable and it drives like a completely different motor. Also did some heat management in my engine bay, and some shameless cosmetic mods. It's shocking that cobb doesn't paint the airbox lid by default, it looks great! You can also spy the relocated turbosmart valve. I managed to cobble together some extensions on my intake, I now have 3" tubing uninterrupted from the filter through the turbo to the downpipe. It only necks down at the catback. IMG_20191223_171930_928.jpg IMG_20191223_171925_210.jpg

OP
Sakel
Thread Starter #45
Finish one thing, something else pops up. Blend door strikes again

OP
Sakel
Thread Starter #47
Well, my build got not so clean yesterday. Was on a road trip, and had a leak in my tire. Changed it on the side of the road, and my wheel is bent enough to not hold air. IMG_20200121_202108_541.jpg two hours later, it got even worse. Made a stupid mistake leaving a gas station, and didn't see a car changing lanes. Crumpled my fender and scratched a wheel, but my bumper, hood and headlight are completely intact. IMG_20200121_202040_827.jpg IMG_20200121_202032_056.jpg My deductible is high, so I'm fixing it myself. New fender is in the mail, will be in Thursday and lucked out by finding a full set of bronze dekagrams on Facebook nearby, will pick them up Friday. Needs and alignment, the steering wheel is a little tweaked but should be back to one piece minus paint in less than a week

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Id do a double check of the tie rod on that side. They are made of spaghetti

OP
Sakel
Thread Starter #53
Would you be willing to sell these? This is a fantastic idea.
to be honest, it would be more expensive than buying a new BOV. I only slipped it on the printer under the guise of a "calibration" piece

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
to be honest, it would be more expensive than buying a new BOV. I only slipped it on the printer under the guise of a "calibration" piece
Damn, thats super cool. I'm surprised no one else has made something like that.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
also as far as your accident goes, if you want to DIY you have an easy color to get parts for. I needed a fender for my magnetic and I got it from a salvage yard off of a base fiesta. All I had to do was drill a hole for the tab on the side skirt and it was a perfect fit.

OP
Sakel
Thread Starter #58
also as far as your accident goes, if you want to DIY you have an easy color to get parts for. I needed a fender for my magnetic and I got it from a salvage yard off of a base fiesta. All I had to do was drill a hole for the tab on the side skirt and it was a perfect fit.
The only junkyard around me had a silver, so I just bought a new black fender. The bumper will need paint anyway, so not a big deal