Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Show your Fiesta St Porsche killer..

Erick_V

I’ve seen enough of your posts and have to ask. Are you looking for a car for that’s going to impress people, mainly Porsche people? Seems like you’re looking for bragging rights. Fiesta is a great car but isn’t going to wow the crowd, it’s a cheap, fun and great car to beat the life out of. If you want to impress people outside of this community you won’t do it here.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Actually I could give a lot of Porsches a real run so could my buddy Danny’s car. Though I have to ask why are you looking for other people to show them. You want something to give a Porsche a run for the money build it. A stock FiST will definitely hold its own in the corners but the Porsches will run away on the straights unless your pushing around 280-300 whp and even then they have that 6 cylinder torque that just kills.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I’ve seen enough of your posts and have to ask. Are you looking for a car for that’s going to impress people, mainly Porsche people? Seems like you’re looking for bragging rights. Fiesta is a great car but isn’t going to wow the crowd, it’s a cheap, fun and great car to beat the life out of. If you want to impress people outside of this community you won’t do it here.
Yes, the general public (which could not give two shits about actual performance at all) will forever and ALWAYS be more impressed with the 'cache', recognition, and rolling Rolex 'status' of the Stuttgart-mobiles.

I wear that 'anti-status'/being different from them for owning what they dis, as a badge of honor, even though YES, I fully recognize and like both the aesthetics and actual performance of the whole Cayman line, but EFF the 'status' thing. [wink]

ronmcdon

I guess it depends how you're looking to beat the car. If looking at AutoX and canyon driving the Fiesta does well.
track driving porsches with a decent driver is pretty much the car to beat.

Also one thing to beat a better car when you're the better driver. quite another if you're evenly matched.
Interestingly the GT4 is one of the few cars I would rather skip the manual and go for an automatic tranny.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Even though my car’s faster I’d rather have a 944 or e36 m3 right now. Analog is better for track in my opinion.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I beat an old man driving a late 90s Boxster once but I don't think he knew we were racing. I probably wouldn't try to race any other Porsche frequently seen on the road.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Even though my car’s faster I’d rather have a 944 or e36 m3 right now. Analog is better for track in my opinion.
You really do not want them. While both drive great they will nickel and dime you to death. Ask me how I know.
My E36 M3 is the car I love to hate. Drives great parts are stupid expensive and in true German engineering style hard to fix because German . lol Again ask me how I know.….

A Nissan 240sx might be better suited as it will handle just as well and not wind up sending you to the bank all the time for things that break.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
You really do not want them. While both drive great they will nickel and dime you to death. Ask me how I know.
My E36 M3 is the car I love to hate. Drives great parts are stupid expensive and in true German engineering style hard to fix because German . lol Again ask me how I know.….

A Nissan 240sx might be better suited as it will handle just as well and not wind up sending you to the bank all the time for things that break.
I know all about them lol. I've never been a 240 fan other than my old 240Z.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club

I laughed when I read your comment about how those cars would nickel and dime you to death, because I experienced the same thing when I had an E90 M3. The particular problem with that car was that the nickels and dimes were $500 and $1,000. Random electric sensors that cost in that range would go out from time to time.A new battery cost close to $600, including about an hour of dealer time to reprogram the car to it, because the car had a mechanism to charge differently depending on the age of the battery. A set of nice Michelin Pilot Super Sports was over $1,600, and on and on and on.

I try to remind folks at the local Porsche club autocrosses about the efficacy of these little cars every chance I get.
Modified, they can embarrass lots of more expensive cars in certain situations.
That being said, it'll never be a Porsche, but that is half the joy of them.

i put the hurt on a cayman S not too long ago, and it was a roll race. Im sure itd stick with it in the twisties too, difference being im not comfortable doing 100+ in corners whereas in the porsche i wouldnt bat an eye. Its a cheap cayman lol