Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Something slightly different from the Golden State

Hi all,

I'm stopping through, I'm going to start to frequent more forums to spread the word about our club and events. I'm Aaron, and I run the SoCal Fiestas club in Southern California (some of you may know mw from other forums). We organize events from San Diego to Santa Barbara and we try to bill ourselves as the 'offline' social media group for SoCal owners! That being said, we do have a Facebook page, and our members are seen on various message boards.

I recently posted an event for FSC West / Focus Beach Fiesta 2014 which will be happening Saturday August 9th in Ventura. I hope to see some of you there!

My Fiesta? Not an ST (I have a reason, but suffice to say, not by choice or money). But I did own a 2011 SES, and last year upgraded to a 2014 Titanium hatchback. Since then I've gone a little crazy. First, I got Performance Blue because the color is awesome, and it allows me to create an "Americanized" version of the S1600 from Europe. Since importing S1600 wheels would be insanely expensive, I bought a set of 2014 ST rims and had them powder coated in white. Adding power can be troublesome on a non-ST, so I'm managing what I can by modifying the Mountune air box to work with the non-ST model. I like the look of the european projectors with the LED strips, so I ordered those as well. I've done a few canyon drives, and a track event so I immediately realized the stock seats and brakes just wouldn't cut it. So I recently bought and installed a set of full Recaro seats from an ST. I also upgraded my front discs to a larger size, as well as being slotted and drilled.

That's basically where I am at now. Other items in the works? I recently ordered a Mountune cat-back exhaust from the UK. I'll eventually upgrade my rear drums to discs. I've also purchased the stock ST suspension kit (or really got it bundled with the seats, but I digress)...

Here I am at Mulholland last weekend:

Mulholland Drive 01 June 2014 by dirtyblueshirt, on Flickr

Looks great welcome op[wave] I'm originally from cali and I like almost anything that's different but looks cool car wise!

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Great looking Fiesta, welcome aboard.

Perry

Very nice car! It sounds like you're closing in on the point where an engine swap will almost get you the complete ST. Or maybe it'd be a lower-case st. Still, nice car.

Harvick

1000 Post Club
Welcome! Love to see a well modded Fiesta. The FiST wheels go great on your car and great color choice.

OP
DirtyBlueshirt
Thread Starter #9
Thanks all, I'm really happy with how my Fiesta has turned out so far!

OP
DirtyBlueshirt
Thread Starter #11
welcome! [wave] But I have to ask, why no ST?
It's a long story, but the short version is that I was injured in the Navy which caused nerve damage in my right leg, making it very difficult to manipulate 3 pedals, especially in L.A./Orange County traffic.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
It's a long story, but the short version is that I was injured in the Navy which caused nerve damage in my right leg, making it very difficult to manipulate 3 pedals, especially in L.A./Orange County traffic.
Got it! Great looking Fiesta you got there!

SICKESSS-ST

Hi all,

I'm stopping through, I'm going to start to frequent more forums to spread the word about our club and events. I'm Aaron, and I run the SoCal Fiestas club in Southern California (some of you may know mw from other forums). We organize events from San Diego to Santa Barbara and we try to bill ourselves as the 'offline' social media group for SoCal owners! That being said, we do have a Facebook page, and our members are seen on various message boards.

I recently posted an event for FSC West / Focus Beach Fiesta 2014 which will be happening Saturday August 9th in Ventura. I hope to see some of you there!

My Fiesta? Not an ST (I have a reason, but suffice to say, not by choice or money). But I did own a 2011 SES, and last year upgraded to a 2014 Titanium hatchback. Since then I've gone a little crazy. First, I got Performance Blue because the color is awesome, and it allows me to create an "Americanized" version of the S1600 from Europe. Since importing S1600 wheels would be insanely expensive, I bought a set of 2014 ST rims and had them powder coated in white. Adding power can be troublesome on a non-ST, so I'm managing what I can by modifying the Mountune air box to work with the non-ST model. I like the look of the european projectors with the LED strips, so I ordered those as well. I've done a few canyon drives, and a track event so I immediately realized the stock seats and brakes just wouldn't cut it. So I recently bought and installed a set of full Recaro seats from an ST. I also upgraded my front discs to a larger size, as well as being slotted and drilled.

That's basically where I am at now. Other items in the works? I recently ordered a Mountune cat-back exhaust from the UK. I'll eventually upgrade my rear drums to discs. I've also purchased the stock ST suspension kit (or really got it bundled with the seats, but I digress)...

Here I am at Mulholland last weekend:

Mulholland Drive 01 June 2014 by dirtyblueshirt, on Flickr

Welcome DBS!!!!!

I know you're getting rid of your Fiesta for a Mustang and you recently sold your Recaros, but I'm curious as to where you acquired said seats in the first place

OP
DirtyBlueshirt
Thread Starter #15
I know you're getting rid of your Fiesta for a Mustang and you recently sold your Recaros, but I'm curious as to where you acquired said seats in the first place
A friend in Long Beach gutted his ST so he could turn it into a track car. It was an opportunity I couldn't pass at the time. I also got the ST suspension with Mountune spec springs at the same time (those have also sold as well).

Damn, I was hoping you had some super secret source to get them. Well, I guess it's back to lurking in the dark and dirty depths of the internet to find a set.

OP
DirtyBlueshirt
Thread Starter #17
Damn, I was hoping you had some super secret source to get them. Well, I guess it's back to lurking in the dark and dirty depths of the internet to find a set.
:) Until there's more in the aftermarket and scrap system it's all about opportunities. I have connections for other things, just not for parts yet

I see the front plate "CTN1 SS" and as a retired FTC(SS), I was just wondering how a CT got submarine qualified. Welcome and enjoy!

OP
DirtyBlueshirt
Thread Starter #19
I see the front plate "CTN1 SS" and as a retired FTC(SS), I was just wondering how a CT got submarine qualified. Welcome and enjoy!
Actually it's the other way around :) I started off as a radio ET, then after my injury cross-rated to CTN. I would have been E7 exam eligible the January after I was medically retired.