Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Thinking About Going Back to Stock Exhaust

OP
SrsBsns

SrsBsns

Thread Starter #21

DoomsdayMelody

Yeah, I'm not crazy about the super loud exhausts on the FiST. It doesn't sound bad, but I think I would like a better compromise. Do you have any sound clips of your car with the resonator delete?
Apologies for the month lead time on responding but I can get some state of the art iPhone recordings done in another day or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
SrsBsns

SrsBsns

Thread Starter #27
Thanks, I saw the thread but wasn't sure what the definitive answer really was. It looks like he welded in an extra closed pipe that's about 32" to cancel the frequency but I'm not sure the best way to do that. I don't want to pay the cost of the exhaust to get a piece like that mandrel bent and then welded.
I've listened to those sound clips a bunch of times and I can't really tell the difference. I mean, it's hard to capture the harshness of the drone with a phone.

OP
SrsBsns

SrsBsns

Thread Starter #28
Apologies for the month lead time on responding but I can get some state of the art iPhone recordings done in another day or so.

Yeah, if you're up for it, I would appreciate it!

Remi

Thanks, I saw the thread but wasn't sure what the definitive answer really was. It looks like he welded in an extra closed pipe that's about 32" to cancel the frequency but I'm not sure the best way to do that. I don't want to pay the cost of the exhaust to get a piece like that mandrel bent and then welded.
I've listened to those sound clips a bunch of times and I can't really tell the difference. I mean, it's hard to capture the harshness of the drone with a phone.
I know he's super OCD and very sensitive to sound, so I think at a point it just became a fun experiment to run lol.
I agree, unless you have a dedicated sound set up, it's tough to capture the true sound of the exhaust. Nothing like hearing it in person.

for those wondering about my exhaust setup
View: https://youtu.be/uSOXtOCHYSE

vibrant ultraquiet $90: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000E3VHW8
tips $75: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07N4G5L3P
local muffler shop res delete, muffler delete, add ultraquiet res, add tips $160.

total exhaust with install: $325
looks and sounds bitching. i dont see the point of spending so much for a catback exhaust system.

i had a muffler shop delete my resonator and muffler. then added the ultraquiet where the stock muffler used to be. no fitment issues since the stock muffler is huge compared to the ultraquiet res.
they also added the tips.

Attachments

Yeah, if you're up for it, I would appreciate it!
Here you go:

View: https://imgur.com/a/ZaF6Ld5

Apparently the video I had cut audio twice for about a second but I’m too lazy to do it again. Engine was already warm, first rev is to around 3k rpm, second goes to around 5k. I can put up a video about interior noise on the highway also if you’d like.

OP
SrsBsns

SrsBsns

Thread Starter #32
Here you go:

View: https://imgur.com/a/ZaF6Ld5

Apparently the video I had cut audio twice for about a second but I’m too lazy to do it again. Engine was already warm, first rev is to around 3k rpm, second goes to around 5k. I can put up a video about interior noise on the highway also if you’d like.

Thanks for doing that! Sounds really good.

I think cabin drone is hard to record. How is it when you're doing 80 or so or around that RPM range with partial throttle?

Also, is that snow or ash blowing around?

Thanks for doing that! Sounds really good.

I think cabin drone is hard to record. How is it when you're doing 80 or so or around that RPM range with partial throttle?

Also, is that snow or ash blowing around?
That’d be ash. I still have my sound symposer intact so it’s kinda hard for me to differentiate between drone and that, however it is slightly more loud on the interior, but well within my tolerance level.

Idk I’ve been playing around with the idea of throwing some sound deading around the spare and up above the head liner to try to help kill some of the reverb but it’s not bad enough that I’ve ever decided to actually do anything about it.

Last edited: