Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Thinking of selling blown engine

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Hey guys so I have an engine I was thinking of getting rid of. It came out of my fist. Just trying to see if there's any interest. Is there a market for blown engines? Would I make more by fixing it? Would I make more by building it up? Just looking for you guys opinions. It's a 250lb paperweight ATM.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
How did it happen? Turbo upgrade? Poor tune?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
How did it happen? Turbo upgrade? Poor tune?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Aaron I thought I told you how it happened, maybe not. Excessive crankcase pressure built up and sheared the ring land on a piston.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
From my initial compression tests after the incident cylinders 2 and 4 took it the hardest registering 0 compression while cylinders 1 and 3 were at 145 psi which could be considered normal.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
Pretty sure the valves could have gotten smacked too though so won't know til I take the head off.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
Not what this thread is for. Also, the scrap price alone I could get that.... the entire things made of aluminum.

FJ16

Not what this thread is for. Also, the scrap price alone I could get that.... the entire things made of aluminum.
Idk what your local prices are, but scrap is really low right now - like $.25 per pound for aluminum.

That said, with the damage (estimated) to it and the apparent availability of junkyard engines, I can't imagine it would be worth trying to rebuild.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Get a sheet of glass and some glue. Then mate the glass to the block together and make a Cofifi table for the man cave! [rockon]

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #14
Get a sheet of glass and some glue. Then mate the glass to the block together and make a Cofifi table for the man cave! [rockon]
Lol I could probably fetch atleast 500 for that haha. It just seems like a waste of a good block to throw it away. I hate wasting things that still could be used. It seems I'd need to go the built route to even turn a profit cuz atleast I'd have 2 things going for me, 1 the engine works and 2 quality parts. I'd definitely have to build it myself though. There's no way I could turn any profit with a shop building it.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #15
Idk what your local prices are, but scrap is really low right now - like $.25 per pound for aluminum.

That said, with the damage (estimated) to it and the apparent availability of junkyard engines, I can't imagine it would be worth trying to rebuild.
Cast aluminum is at .22 so your right but I think he was trolling anyways.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #16
How much have you seen these go for in junkyards with low miles?