Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

GB Track Car Door Cards

Trader history for Jabbit (2)

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #62
I believe rivnuts is likely what will be needed. The window switch was different in the UK model so they are ordering a USDM switch to make sure the hole is correct.

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #63
Also I'm personally pursuing a "no speaker" option as I plan to pull them out anyways when I pull the door trims off. Can't hear my radio unless it's on max volume on the highway anyways.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I believe rivnuts is likely what will be needed. The window switch was different in the UK model so they are ordering a USDM switch to make sure the hole is correct.
Their site shows plastic collapsible nuts rather than real rivnuts. I’ll prob use real rivnuts unless they’ve got a reason for the plastic stuff.

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #68
Also to clarify, the way the Fiesta doors work requires that the black plastic "shell" stays in. The door card itself is removed but the window regulator is integrated into the plastic shell that is in/on the door. Those who have had the door card off know what I mean, I don't have a picture handy.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Looks great straight on but I couldn’t handle the gap on the sides. What’s it made of? Can I heat it and mold it to the contour of the door?

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #71
Looks great straight on but I couldn’t handle the gap on the sides. What’s it made of? Can I heat it and mold it to the contour of the door?
The inside of the door has a significant plastic piece that holds everything, see picture I borrowed below. There is really no other way to do it unless you do fixed glass/plexi, etc because of the regulator, speaker, etc.

Door.JPG

dhminer

2000 Post Club
The inside of the door has a significant plastic piece that holds everything, see picture I borrowed below. There is really no other way to do it unless you do fixed glass/plexi, etc because of the regulator, speaker, etc.

View attachment 58699
Hmm. Thanks for the clarity. I wonder if maybe some foam or rubber insulation could go in the gap

I mean no disrespect. but for this product to have that fitment after over 2 years from the original post is kind of a let down.
I think it would look miles better if either;
1 - The door cards had the side gaps filled, because the gaps make it look cheap and rushed. I would 100% pay more for that style door card but with no gaps. Even if that means having L shaped brackets and exposed hardware for the side panels.
or
2- Make a door card that requires the inside items be removed. These are intended for track cars after all. Commit to the track car life if that's the route you are going down.

This seems like an item that just looks good from 10 ft away. I understand that's similar to other products they have. But why over 2 year wait for a flat trimmed panel with some holes?

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #75
Just e-mailed the company and they were interested in posting to answer any questions, etc. Hoping he registers soon so you all can ask any questions or provide feedback.

hello all,

I have joined to answer questions especially around the gaps and these are due to the internal moulding and also due to the size of the window switches and window motors electric loom etc

I will look to see if I can get some rubber trim to cover the edge but I am not sure what it will look like
3561BB3E-76E3-4FCA-8880-44F6896200B2.jpeg 13DCB874-1FC6-4638-BD16-32A1BB672C47.jpeg C6D3AEE5-EDA0-4624-A1EE-DFDAE0878594.jpeg