Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Trouble fitting Mishimoto Intake

Hey ya'll

I was fitting the mishimoto intake system on my 2018 FiST and I hit a wall when fitting the mishimoto intake box with the OEM snorkel. Everything else bolted on nicely, I kept all the clamps and bolts loose in order to ensure a good fit. However, no matter how I positioned the air box, I could not get the snorkel to go back into place. It was almost as if the box was not going low enough for the snorkel to slide back on. I tried fitting just the intake box and snorkel with the crossover pipe removed but still could not seat the intake box low enough for the snorkel to attach. It was not getting caught on any wiring or lines and was sitting as flush as could be in the lower intake grommets.

For the time being, I am running it without the snorkel or intake box cover but I would like to get everything fitted properly. Any advice from anyone who has installed the same part or ran into trouble with fitment? Thanks.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
It just takes some finesse

Finesse is the name of the heavy duty paint scraper I use to muscle the snorkel around during reinstallation :) you can use a flat blade screwdriver, but it's narrow and more likely to crack than something broad, so a paint scraper is what I use to pry it around, or a paint stirrer from home depot.