Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo kit, suspension, wheels, headlights...what now?

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
As I get closer to being finished with my car, I am wondering what to do next.

You can see the mods I have below, and I will be putting on my GT2554R turbo kit at the end of the month. I have RPF1 wheels from the Oakos group buy coming in the Spring, which will be my Summer wheels and tires. I already have lowering springs, European headlights, full exhaust once my new turbo is put on, intercooler, intake, there will be a TurboSmart recirculated blow off valve in the new setup as well. I'm also running E30, so that option has already been covered.

What now?! I may get an FSWerks short shift adapter, other than that I can't seem to think of anything else that I need. The car is a daily driver so extreme modifications are out of the question. I will probably upgrade to Mountune brake pads once my factory pads get low.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
I love the idea of that, but as a daily driver I don't want to increase wear substantially while I'm still technically under warranty.

You should check out the Boomba short shifter. Love mine and you'll be hard pressed to find someone who isn't happy with theirs.

For appearance maybe check out the 3d Carbon spoiler.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
I also had the 3D Carbon Spoiler on my list, but that may be later down the road. Appearance stuff will be later on, or the last things I do.

I love the idea of that, but as a daily driver I don't want to increase wear substantially while I'm still technically under warranty.
But yet you're fine with throwing on a GT2554R LOL.

Jokes aside, I worked at FCA for a year as a test driver and I currently work at a powertrain engineering (NVH and Calibration) company and hold a Tier 1 license and Ford badge. If you knew what cars were put through including serious lapping for performance cars, you wouldn't doubt for a second these cars ability to hold up to abuse. Sure some may have heat problems, others brake fade but I promise you that you are putting WAY more strain on the car by going GT2554R versus AutoX'ing or tracking it lol. Just my .02

Chris G

Sell it, no need for it anymore once it's done. [biggrin]

Sounds like all that is left are the little things - short shift kit, maybe some exterior bits, etc.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Chassis bracing and/or anti-sway bars. Also check out ss tuning. Particularly their sick steering wheel options. Then there's the matter of big honkin subwoofers and neon under car lighting

I would recommend the more firm rear motor mount! Allow that beast to put more power down to the wheels!!!! Also, a short shifter is always a nice addition!

I havent seen one here yet (as I am still new) but if someone makes one for the FiST, a Lightweight Crank pulley!