Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo manifold porting underway:)

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I want BHP readings !!! Lol.
I can't imagine what the tune has to do with spooling with a stock turbo... A tune has a huge impact on a modded stock turbo. Bit if you have a stock turbo, that's just kinda weird... Anyway... Someone try it !! Lol .

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
No idea, lol. 248whp. On the stock air box.
I don't know what kind of fuel they use over there , but the E30 may give me an advantage there. Of course... They have an intercooler twice as big as mine, so... Not really apples to apples either way. I also don't know how great or poor their tuning software is.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
287.5 BHP using 16% driveline loss... But.. I don't like that kind of calculated stuff...

MOFiST

I can't remember where I read but I thought the ECU software they use for the MAF cars was like 1500EURO so I think I'll pass on that one lol

This is what Pumaspeed says about their manifold unmapped vs mapped, note the mp215 part.

Will this work on any specifictaion of ST180 ?
Yes this will work on any spec of EcoBoost ST180 Fiesta but we do advise the use of a suitable remapping to enable the extra flow to be used. Our own testing without a suitable mapping showed a small loss in power when using an incorrect mapping.
For more info on the MAXD-OUT Manifold series of remaps please call us

Will this work on a low specifictaion of ST180 ?
A base MP 215 Mountune equipped ST180. increased power from 207 bhp to 227 bhp and added 15lbsft of torque by using this manifold design.
The Test Mountune MP215 ST180 Fiesta made a disapointing 208 bhp even when fitted with following extra hardware, Milltek Decat, a Milltek Cat Back Exhaust and a Forge intercooler.
After the install of the Pumaspeed Manifold it produced a healthy 227.1 bhp on the MP 215 kit. whilst still fitted with the Milltek Decat, a Milltek Cat Back Exhaust and a Forge intercooler.

Its well known that installing a tubular manifold on the old Focus RS Mk1added around 20 -25 bhp.It enabled the turbo to spool up quicker, adding to the driving experience. On the Fiesta ST 180 the same principle applies, Faster Spool, More Power, More Torque

The new stock location manifold has taken inspiration and design from the best ,we use super reliable thick walled stainless tubing.

This HEAVY DUTY unit fits all std Fiesta ST 180 EcoBoost turbos, it locates the turbocharger in the exact position as the OE Manifold enabling all stock pipework and water lines to be retained.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #47
It seems to do a great job, it would be interesting to see how it compares to a well ported stock manifold as an unported one is very restrictive.

I would imagine the gains of the tubular over a well ported stock unit to be far less significant compared to a totally stock unit, it could even be marginal.

Then again, it would be great to see the Cyborg on the Pumaspeed manifold as well.

By then we may be into into fueling issues on E30 leaving us with 91-91 pump fuel or race fuel which is to costly to use regularly.

I have experimented with Torco additive but not the greatest results but I think there may of been more to gain and may try that again at some point while waiting for an increase if fuel delivery solution.

One thing I didn't see mentioned, but I like to do, is deburr the entire exterior of the manifold also. It slightly stress relieves the manifold, and makes it harder for cracks to form. I just remove the casting flashing and round any sharp edges. Insurance.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #49
Deburring is a very sound recommendation, it is done on the inside of well built race engines for that reason and better oil draining:)

I emailed that company about the manifold with no response back it is 304 which doesn't handle the heat as good as 316 which the puma speed one is made out of.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
I'll bring this back from the dead - I had my turbo off and decided to go ahead and port the exhaust manifold.

There were distinct carbon rings on it where the gases from the block were coming and hitting it - opening it all up should improve air flow. I've also ordered a new exhaust manifold gasket as there is some obvious leak through in the middle of the middle two exhaust holes - hopefully a new gasket will seal that area up proper. The studs were almost TOO tight on the block. I'm probably going to buy a few exhaust manifold studs and nuts to make sure it's as good as it can be.

And the Pumaspeed turbo elbow also had some lips on the inside which I knocked off best I could:

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
we have a internally honed stock manifold ready to release next week. Mirror polished on the entire inside (not just at the ports) which opens up volume by 10-15% (test pending)
it will also be delivered in 2000 degree ceramic coat.
stay tuned!

Nice work on the manifold and elbow. I did mine, too, before installing my FF4545 hybrid. What kind of bit are you using to take material off?

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Nice work on the manifold and elbow. I did mine, too, before installing my FF4545 hybrid. What kind of bit are you using to take material off?
Pneumatic rotary tool with a tungsten carbide bit - one with a tapered tip and one with a rounded end. Worked a charm - ate through it very easily.