Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Technics S280 Turbo Kit Dyno, Virtual Dyno, and Datalog Thread

From my FB page:

"It appears I may have reached the limit of the OEM clutch. Keep in mind, my Fiesta ST has 52K on the clock, but as I push its limits more and more every day, I think it finally gave in.

I recently addressed some boost leaks that were discovered as boost pressure was increased near 29 psi. I fixed those, and took the data logs that are in the attached VD. The clutch held consistently at this power level and didn't skip a beat. But when boost pressure was raised slightly over this, the clutch started slipping.

I may go with a reverse boost taper, which is something commonly done in the Mazdaspeed platform. Keep boost tame near spool up (to control the slip), and then give it hell as RPM's increase. I may give this a shot, but at the end of the day, I need to replace the clutch.

Drop your suggestions on a replacement in the comments! I'd love to hear your experiences and impressions of overall drivability and feel for a somewhat-daily driver."

C6826747-0BC1-4DBE-80BA-4930495206B1.jpeg

wetwea33

I'm pretty sure Jason @ Dizzy made 366whp/324wtq (vdyno) so far. He's still maxed out on the 29psi map sensor at that number. He probably wants to post real dyno sheets vs Vdyno but hey 29psi looks like approx 360whp on e40 so that's great news (y)
I asked him on Facebook and he said he had a 3.5 bar map a couple weeks ago...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

wetwea33

How do you do that? Newb sorry!!
You just have to go into the datalog excel sheet and delete the cells after you hit the Rev limiter. Look for where is set and look for where your airflow starts going down. Delete those cells and save it.

I asked him on Facebook and he said he had a 3.5 bar map a couple weeks ago...

I am running the upgraded 3.5 bar TIP sensor, yes. But boost pressure is read off the map sensor in the manifold, which is now also maxed.

And just to clarify, 366 was not made at 29 psi because I have lost visibility of boost after that. I'm pegging boost at 29.22 at wot, but based off TIP pressure, my guess is I am somewhere around 31 psi.

wetwea33

I am running the upgraded 3.5 bar TIP sensor, yes. But boost pressure is read off the map sensor in the manifold, which is now also maxed.

And just to clarify, 366 was not made at 29 psi because I have lost visibility of boost after that. I'm pegging boost at 29.22 at wot, but based off TIP pressure, my guess is I am somewhere around 31 psi.
Ahh thank you for clearing that up i wasn't 100% on the differences between the coldside tmap and the manifold map sensor. I know a few people have upgraded the manifold one as well.

wetwea33

Jason do you think 31psi is at the line where the turbo is beginning to become inefficient or make anymore power?

OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #117

Could you share this datalog and/or vdyno?

I did a 4th gear pull but when I put it in the vdyno it came out really weird. Can anyone explain this to me?? messed up vdyno.jpg