Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Technics S280 Turbo Kit Dyno, Virtual Dyno, and Datalog Thread

Copy/pasted from a previous explanation so you won’t have all the context but this may get you started...

Think I was typing my last post as this came through. Thanks, will move further discussion, was really trying to keep it datalog only based.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It sounds like Vdyno to the rescue. From what I can tell after fooling around with that program for a bit, if the variables are held as fixed as possible, if Vdyno doesn't measure a difference, it is probably so small as to not matter much.

Thank you for posting that information about MAF, I was heading down the same path as I was assuming the AP was accurate.

wetwea33

What are you saying isn't accurate? The PID or the Airflow and other measurements used in the PID? I'm not sure how the PID is relevant here? I'd expect the airflow to be accurate being a hot wire, especially at the same baro and Tamb. The same comparisons could be used just looking at MAF voltage given baro and Tamb were the same.

Probably not intended discussion per the intent of the thread. If I'm missing something I appreciate the feedback, PM if so.

As far as the coveted spool, my opinion is airflow is a more direct measure of benefit. Boost is ok, but it doesn't account for the different flow characteristics of the compressor, so I showed both, but would choose airflow if I had to pick 1.
The airflow is just estimated going off data from a few different sensors. Aux fuel further skews the already inaccurate reading because it interferes with airflow in the intake manifold.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The airflow is just estimated going off data from a few different sensors. Aux fuel further skews the already inaccurate reading because it interferes with airflow in the intake manifold.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
Which Aux fuel setup are you referring to? I could see the throttle body setup but with 4 port its after the intake manifold.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

I may start a thread to continue this discussion for those interested, but a bit more digging explains my confusion.
For those wanting to further discuss airflow calc, I started this thread:

https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/airflow-measurement-calculation-cobb-ap3.25551/

The thread summarizes what I learned while digging in a bit. Lengthy summary attached here in case there's interest. Chime in at the thread above if desired.

Attachments

Yeah, this seems to look like most of the other dynos I have seen when searching on the board. 300-ish whp on a Dynojet seems to be about where most folks end up, give or take depending on the dyno, ambient conditions, etc etc.

Considering this run was started at a little bit later of an RPM, the spool up and rise to peak torque is still occurring pretty quickly✔️

Now we are taking @Fordman!

Look at that spool improvement with the WGDC✔️. This is why I used to love mechanical boost control. It was the equivalent of WGDC of 100% until the target boost was reached then it would snap open fast. It will be interesting to see if your tune eventually approaches that, I really don't know how things are handled with EBC on the fiesta.

I would imagine he's going to dial in some more fuel up top, assuming that you are not running out and the aux needs to start kicking in.....Again I am no expert on the exact needs of the 1.6, but I think that high rpm power curve can point upward a bit more with more fuel.

By chance did you log HPFP pressure on any of these runs?

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
I would imagine he's going to dial in some more fuel up top, assuming that you are not running out and the aux needs to start kicking in.....Again I am no expert on the exact needs of the 1.6, but I think that high rpm power curve can point upward a bit more with more fuel.

By chance did you log HPFP pressure on any of these runs?
Definitely needs to be 'fatter' up above 6200rpm.

Area under the curve looks good, that torque will hit hard when you find enough tire (and an LSD) to hold it).

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Went to the dyno on Thursday happy with the results. E30 stock fueling.
View attachment 36157
what boost levels where you running. My Tuner was tuning mine and started getting clutch slippage above 26lbs. The things spools pretty damn quick and the car pulls all the way up to 7k I am not sure where he set the redline at because thats just were I shifted lol. I literally drop into 4th at a roll of like 50-60 and I am at 100 in a car lenght or two.
My car was also tuned on a recently recalibrated Mustang Dyno and he told if it was on a dyno jet it would be about 50-60’s hp more pretty much putting me at 265-275HP on 91. my TQ would be around 300 ft lbs
All I know is the car is fast now and gets up and walks on people. lol I have to do some data logging this week and fill her up again tomorrow. Though ya not unhappy she flies and ya I got the Jet engine whine going on.

Last edited:
what boost levels where you running. My Tuner was tuning mine and started getting clutch slippage above 26lbs. The things spools pretty damn quick and the car pulls all the way up to 7k I am not sure where he set the redline at because thats just were I shifted lol. I literally drop into 4th at a roll of like 50-60 and I am at 100 in a car lenght or two.
My car was also tuned on a recently recalibrated Mustang Dyno and he told if it was on a dyno jet it would be about 50-60’s hp more pretty much putting me at 265-275HP on 91. my TQ would be around 300 ft lbs
All I know is the car is fast now and gets up and walks on people. lol I have to do some data logging this week and fill her up again tomorrow. Though ya not unhappy she flies and ya I got the Jet engine whine going on.
About 26psi and tappered the boost down from 6k rpm to redline were its about 7k.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
About 26psi and tappered the boost down from 6k rpm to redline were its about 7k.
Sounds about right. I think with these turbo’s it gets sketchy on the clutch above 26psi. I am eyeballing a clutch probably in the spring and will do a LSD install at the same time. Then maybe screw the boost up a couple more lbs:ROFLMAO: