Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Technics S280 Turbo Kit Dyno, Virtual Dyno, and Datalog Thread

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Well after exceeding TQ sensor code in 1st gear in the rain than popping multiple codes at speed on the freeway. I decided that though the tuner who I will not name who is local here in SoCal had too many excuses for stuff. When I exceed the TQ sensor code he explained it off on COBB and Ford. So when I popped multiples I said thats it. I am done with your Mustang Dyno ass . I did not tell him that but I was thinking it.:LOL:
I am now tuning with Adam at Tuneplus and on my 3rd revision which I just load today and the car is a freaking missile. That is once it gets traction. All I can say is the car was fast with the previous tuner but this is going mental. I cannot seem to run Vdyno on my Macbook pro or I would post it up. Tried to find versions that would run to no success and also did not have enough space to get Bootcamp rolling so I could run a Windows version.
Its a secondary computer from my Music computer and my Ipad so it does not have a large drive.
Anyways those excuses out of the way:ROFLMAO:.
waiting for temps to come back up so I can actually get traction for datalogs its been too cold at night here lately for the RS Pro’s to heat up...unless I do donuts :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

KIDD

Well after exceeding TQ sensor code in 1st gear in the rain than popping multiple codes at speed on the freeway. I decided that though the tuner who I will not name who is local here in SoCal had too many excuses for stuff. When I exceed the TQ sensor code he explained it off on COBB and Ford. So when I popped multiples I said thats it. I am done with your Mustang Dyno ass . I did not tell him that but I was thinking it.:LOL:
I am now tuning with Adam at Tuneplus and on my 3rd revision which I just load today and the car is a freaking missile. That is once it gets traction. All I can say is the car was fast with the previous tuner but this is going mental. I cannot seem to run Vdyno on my Macbook pro or I would post it up. Tried to find versions that would run to no success and also did not have enough space to get Bootcamp rolling so I could run a Windows version.
Its a secondary computer from my Music computer and my Ipad so it does not have a large drive.
Anyways those excuses out of the way:ROFLMAO:.
waiting for temps to come back up so I can actually get traction for datalogs its been too cold at night here lately for the RS Pro’s to heat up...unless I do donuts :ROFLMAO:
wise decision switching to Adam Brunson @TunePlus .

Dpro

6000 Post Club
wise decision switching to Adam Brunson @TunePlus .
Tell Me about it. I saw 26.89 pounds of boost today on 91 with no clutch slippage :LOL:. The other tuner limited me to 25 pounds of boost because he was getting clutch slippage on the dyno. Adam said the guy did not get his TQ tables right and that its a common tuner mistake.
So ya the car feels faster than the previous tune at this point but it really has a nice Jekel Hyde thing going on where if I drive around at like a 1/4 throttle it behaves itself but if I start to lay into it all hell breaks looks.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Ok Shouldbeasy added a few more bits of info into the program to get a more accurate read. I should add he hardly had to add any smoothing. This graph speaks leaps and bounds about Adam at Tuneplus‘s tuning . This is the 2nd revision off of a Base tune and this is 91 octane pump gas 284HP 282TQ on pump gas! Tuneplus FTW!
21874830-2402-4BFC-8DA3-01A80270375D.png

haven't played much with the program yet but here's my 91 2nd rev from Tune+

next up is to see where fuel takes us, maybe suck it up and go 93 and then think about how bad i want a big fuel pump and aux port lol Fiesta ST S280 Tune+ VB.jpg

Dpro

6000 Post Club
haven't played much with the program yet but here's my 91 2nd rev from Tune+

next up is to see where fuel takes us, maybe suck it up and go 93 and then think about how bad i want a big fuel pump and aux port lol View attachment 39203
Your TQ is falling into about where It should be,what temp outside ?
You should be seeing about 10 more HP did you apply any smoothing to the graph. I know my graph did not get much smoothing. Also what are your tires? Are you getting tire spin? That will totally mess up your chart readout.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
It’s an Evo shop. He’s used to built Evo’s on the dyno. I didn’t realize until I saw the sheets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've noticed a lot of peoples logs are starting around 3500 rpm. I can't tell from logs like that how laggy the s280 is from around 2000rpm. I owned a car with an oversized turbo and regretted it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Erick_V

I've noticed a lot of peoples logs are starting around 3500 rpm. I can't tell from logs like that how laggy the s280 is from around 2000rpm. I owned a car with an oversized turbo and regretted it.

Looks like most people are in the 20psi range at 3000rpm. If you go to page 13/14 in this thread some members have vdyno's starting from lower RPM's. Seems pretty responsive even on a small displacement motor like this.

Dpro

6000 Post Club

mine all started at 2500 rpm per tuners request for 3rd gear pulls. Oh and ya I am close to if not at 20lbs (18-19lbs) of boost at 3k there is nothing laggy about the S280. As it spools up fast above 3k.

The difference with the S280 is unless the tuner tunes it for an hybrid style excessive TQ bump at the expense of its higher end capabilities . It has a much broader flatter TQ band than a Hybrid. Which will bump excessively in the bottom end and start to die down around 4k where as the S280 just keeps pulling. Sure a Hybrid will seem like its got more top than than stock because ya its putting out more power than stock but the TQ band is not that much different than stock with a Hybrid.
I personally feel when it comes to drivability the S280 fares better because at low rpms and light throttle it runs like a stock turbo giving you gas mileage and the ability to drive it in slow conditions without wheelspin . Of course nail it and then all hell breaks loose and it pulls like a freight train and goes like a Sportbike. Descriptively speaking.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Such a great unit. Love reading updates on this one. Enjoy and be safe!

Haven't posted since final 93oct tune in December. Here's some E40 results:

Tuning progress: Dizzy Rev2B (Rev2A base + 1 rev)
Tamb=51F & 64F, 14.8 psia
36 & 35 lb/min @ 31 psig @ 56% TS14 WGDC

I'm getting some clutch slippage near peak torque since going to E40, more times than not. LSD additional tax on stock clutch (car only 5k miles). Most times not noticeable until loading into Vdyno.

I grabbed some logs early in am, checked AFR, tweaked the fuel map, then grabbed a few more, so 2 different Tamb & Pamb, noticeable. AFR dialed in after 3 iterations (1st not shown, 12.7 up top).
1619275133477.png

1619275199586.png

Attachments

So pushing above 300wtq is straining the clutch?
Fair question. 1st, I can't be certain between clutch slippage or tire spin. The 1st time it happened it was 32F with Federal SS595's, it felt like tire spin to me. Most times, it's completely unnoticeable. I inquired with Jason as I know he had clutch slippage once he started to push the 280. His feedback was clutch likely.

I think there's more at play than a simple torque threshold. Rate of change, and how the peak is held are probably in play.

I probably should have labeled clutch or tire spin. I am going to see if I can get some 4th gear pulls to see if that helps understanding.

Run through my posts in this tread, I addressed this early on immediately after 280 install and initial tuning. The 280 spool is very impressive, not far behind the little guy.

Page 14 in particular

Edit: Pages 14 & 15 in particular

Last edited: