Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Technics S280

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
So what's the break in procedure once the turbo is installed?
Do you have to baby it for a X amount of miles before you can start going WOT and datalog?
Make sure you prime it with oil before starting the car. Priming is an absolute MUST, if it makes you feel better you can also leave the oil feed line off the top of the turbo and pour some (1/4~1/2 qt) through a funnel into the feed hole. It will just drain back into the oil pan, but at least wont be totally dry when you prime it. Other than that, I'd be cautious for the first 10-15 miles, but other than that if there is an apparent issue you will know immediately.

Do you have to baby it for a X amount of miles before you can start going WOT and datalog?
Nope.
Make sure its primed before first start

Run for 10-20 miles maybe and confirm no oil leaks. Then giver hell

AzNightmare

A shop is installing it right now as we speak.
I hope the tech primes it, that's basic knowledge for an experienced tech, right?
:oops:

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Turbos are a super precisely machined product. Most don’t require a break in just make sure to prime the turbo with oil before you start it.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
A shop is installing it right now as we speak.
I hope the tech primes it, that's basic knowledge for an experienced tech, right?
:oops:
Should be but never underestimate someone’s ability to be stupid. If you have to have it done, call it out explicitly.

AzNightmare

Going to pick up my car from the shop now.

Oohh Boy, super excited! I've been on the fence for 4 years trying to debate whether to do a turbo mod or not and always ended up talking myself out of it. It took a pandemic and using my (no) vacation funds to jump on this. The time has finally come.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Going to pick up my car from the shop now.

Oohh Boy, super excited! I've been on the fence for 4 years trying to debate whether to do a turbo mod or not and always ended up talking myself out of it. It took a pandemic and using my (no) vacation funds to jump on this. The time has finally come.
Let us know what you think. I finished my s280 install today as well but I have a U210B code thrown. FML

Let us know what you think. I finished my s280 install today as well but I have a U210B code thrown. FML
I finished my revisions last weekend(two month process) and am pretty happy with the car. And now its parked for strictly weekend warrior; i bought a 96 f150 yesterday and drive that to my worksite and back. Should make the car even mor eenjoyable now :)

Attachments

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I finished my revisions last weekend(two month process) and am pretty happy with the car. And now its parked for strictly weekend warrior; i bought a 96 f150 yesterday and drive that to my worksite and back. Should make the car even mor eenjoyable now :)
Both nice looking cars. Hope it’s the 5.0 that’d be fun to drop down a few inches and throw a blower on if single digit mpg is acceptable for your commuter lol

AzNightmare

uh oh, what does this mean?
I cleared the code, but every time I turn the car off and on again, it comes back.

Would it have anything to do with my whoosh catted downpipe install? I had that done along with the S280.

Last edited:

Jabbit

2000 Post Club

I cleared the code, but every time I turn the car off and on again, it comes back.

Would it have anything to do with my whoosh catted downpipe install? I had that done along with the S280.
Did you do an O2 spacer? There is a Vibrant J spacer that I think most people run, including myself.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Did you do an O2 spacer? There is a Vibrant J spacer that I think most people run, including myself.
The spacer is for the Downstream o2. Not the upstream. That is the wide band one that is the most critical of the O2s.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

Is it plugged in? The upstream o2 sensor*

AzNightmare

I'm not aware of this...

Is it plugged in? The upstream o2 sensor*

I'm not exactly sure what I'm plugging in. I didn't do the install myself. If this is something I can check under the car myself, I can check, but I'm not sure what I'm looking for.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club