Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Technics S280

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I am running RT660 215/45r16.
ok this is what I needed to now your speedo readings are off. Your data is reading faster than your actually going due to changing tire and rim size unless you compensate for that your top speed reading will be off. Again I also question what you are measuring your top speed though I realize you said you were using a speed radar ? wher the f did you get that🤣 because as far as I know and it’s been stated before our cars are speed governed to 147 mph . I am not sure that is something a tuner can remove call me skeptical.

Oh and is that speed radar calibrated correcttly? That could affect readings as well.

Last edited:
ok this is what I needed to now your speedo readings are off. Your data is reading faster than your actually going due to changing tire and rim size unless you compensate for that your top speed reading will be off. Again I also question what you are measuring your top speed though I realize you said you were using a speed radar ? wher the f did you get that🤣 because as far as I know and it’s been stated before our cars are speed governed to 147 mph . I am not sure that is something a tuner can remove call me skeptical.

Oh and is that speed radar calibrated correcttly? That could affect readings as well.
GPS Radar detector speed seem pretty accurate compared to the regular speedometer reading @ 1 to 2 mph off. I saw a video of a 250 hp fiasta st doing 155 mph at the Autobahn, l don't see why a 370 WHP can't reach 160 mph. According to some calculations online, this car can easily push 186 mph with 350 WHP if not governed.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
GPS Radar detector speed seem pretty accurate compared to the regular speedometer reading @ 1 to 2 mph off. I saw a video of a 250 hp fiasta st doing 155 mph at the Autobahn, l don't see why a 370 WHP can't reach 160 mph. According to some calculations online, this car can easily push 186 mph with 350 WHP if not governed.
Ok well I am still skeptical till I see actual proof and the fastest autobahn run I have seen was 147. Not going to get into a debate, prove me wrong show the data to back up the claim. Post proof or its all hearsay.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Here is the 250 HP fiesta ST run at the Autobahn:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVbVD00f_Ws
Ah few things here , First off that’s a MK8 Fiesta ST not a MK7.5 ( our versions) . Different gearing , different engine, MK8 engine is a 1.5 liter 3cylinder with port injection and GDI stock . Higher stock hp than our cars and can be tuned to 250 hp on the stock Turbo.

So that has no bearing on our cars which are MK7.5 and the fastest autobahn run which is on youtube for a MK7.5 is 147 mph. So we are back to you proving your claims about your speeds.

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Ah few things here , First off that’s a MK8 Fiesta ST not a MK7.5 ( our versions) . Different gearing , different engine, MK8 engine is a 1.5 liter 3cylinder with port injection and GDI stock . Higher stock hp than our cars and can be tuned to 250 hp on the stock Turbo.

So that has no bearing on our cars which are MK7.5 and the fastest autobahn run which is on youtube for a MK7.5 is 147 mph. So we are back to you proving your claims about your speeds.
I would never pick an argument with Dave when it comes to cars. His knowledge base is HUGE!

If you want to be consistent, AutoNL also run the stock mk8 fiesta ST and guess what the top speed is? 237 KPH,
0 so that does prove my point that with HP increased so does the speed. I will prove it after I get my tune done with my new tuner as stated previously or not due to legality sake (High probability if you pay me to do it, so we could be in the same boat just in case LOL). Why don't you go do a couple runs and let us know since you are already done with your tuning? At this point I think you just want to argue for argument sake.

Again, claimed HP 197, one is 139-144 MPH limited and one 130-143 MPH limited (various sources), both are drag limited. One able to gained 11 MPH with just 50 HPs added, try adding 150+ HPs to one. It should not take a rocket scientist to know that gears and stuff (tires, drag, etc) will max out at a certain point. To me, 160 MPH is where my FiST maxed out, according to my personal experience.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
If you want to be consistent, AutoNL also run the stock mk8 fiesta ST and guess what the top speed is? 237 KPH,
0 so that does prove my point that with HP increased so does the speed. I will prove it after I get my tune done with my new tuner as stated previously or not due to legality sake (High probability if you pay me to do it, so we could be in the same boat just in case LOL). Why don't you go do a couple runs and let us know since you are already done with your tuning? At this point I think you just want to argue for argument sake.

Again, claimed HP 197, one is 139-144 MPH limited and one 130-143 MPH limited (various sources), both are drag limited. One able to gained 11 MPH with just 50 HPs added, try adding 150+ HPs to one. It should not take a rocket scientist to know that gears and stuff (tires, drag, etc) will max out at a certain point. To me, 160 MPH is where my FiST maxed out, according to my personal experience.
You seem intent on wanting to argue with me. Heres the deal the site you quoted clearly states the car has a top speed of 147mph the MK8 .
Which is something I already stated about the MK7.5. Now theoretically yes one can go faster but A you have to take into account tire slippage that higher speeds. which will cause inaccurate readings on ones speedo. Though none of that is here nor there as it’s avoiding my last statement of you proving your claim about your top speed. Technically what you have done above is called a straw man. Or it could be called subterfuge . You are basically using a point about something else as the proof of your claim of your top speed. It’s not and I stated that once already.

Please just stop , show us the proof of your top speed or go home,

I am done with this if you keep up I will just put you on ignore .

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
our cars are speed limited to 147 mph that was tested years ago by a guy on the Autobahn it’s also been mentioned here in the U.S. i doubt anyone is doing 150 or 160 I would possibly attribute that to inaccurate speedo readings due to changes in wheels and tires from the. stock setup . If not I would say something else is off.
He was in Km per hour* :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

He was in Km per hour* :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:
LOL, I'm just going to drop this:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zss4SiEOYCA
and this car had about 300 WHP.

Dpro
Mine showed 330+ WHP on 28 PSI on the E50, have to dialed back on the PSI from 33 PSI which showed 360-370 WHP. My last tuner is very conservative with the stock downpipe. Again, I did my runs with the radar detector Uniden R4 which has a build in GPS sensor (can't believe I have to tell you that radar detectors have bluetooth, gps, and camera nowaday, LOL), not just with the speedometer.

Our car is drag limited at 139-147 MPH stock. Notice how it is red? Do I have to babysplain that too?

Again Dpro, you started this argument by calling my experiment a dud instead of testing it yourself. Again, providing video evidence is self-incriminating, which is pretty stupid for you to call on fellow FiSter to commit crime. Oh, and where in the blue hell did I ever mentioned a stock FiST doing 160 MPH? Talking about straw man, make sure you know what is it. You should stop as you said because this is getting out of hand on your part.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

Dpro
Mine showed 330+ WHP on 28 PSI on the E50, have to dialed back on the PSI from 33 PSI which showed 360-370 WHP. My last tuner is very conservative with the stock downpipe. Again, I did my runs with the radar detector Uniden R4 which has a build in GPS sensor (can't believe I have to tell you that radar detectors have bluetooth, gps, and camera nowaday, LOL), not just with the speedometer.

Our car is drag limited at 139-147 MPH stock. Notice how it is red? Do I have to babysplain that too?

Again Dpro, you started this argument by calling my experiment a dud instead of testing it yourself. Again, providing video evidence is self-incriminating, which is pretty stupid for you to call on fellow FiSter to commit crime. Oh, and where in the blue hell did I ever mentioned a stock FiST doing 160 MPH? Talking about straw man, make sure you know what is it. You should stop as you said because this is getting out of hand on your part.
You have like 11 posts* Don't shit where you eat. Just a little tid bit of advice. [nono]

Dpro

Again Dpro, you started this argument by calling my experiment a dud instead of testing it yourself. Again, providing video evidence is self-incriminating, which is pretty stupid for you to call on fellow FiSter to commit crime. Oh, ad where in the blue hell did I ever mentioned a stock FiST doing 160 MPH? Talking about straw man, make sure you know what is it. You should stop as you said because this is getting out of hand on your part.
So, coming in as the new guy an being an asshat out of the gate is not a good look. You are the one mixing info about models, etc. Keep that in mind.

Play nice, collaborate, and talk to others without using terms such as 'babysplqin', or go the hell away. Is that pretty clear?

I don't care about posts counts honestly. Just accurate good info. Whether 20,000 or 20 posts. On other boards I've gotten bad and good info from both.

I've seen 150 indicated with 215/45/17 tires and there was more in it. No GPS at the time. Going by the tire diameter calculator my speedo should be about 2 mph under, so with slip maybe knock off 3mph. Just a Dizzy E30 tune. I really didn't like how this car felt at those speeds so not something I'm anxious to try again. Car is really sensitive to crosswinds and a little twitchy at higher speeds. Just my personal experience. On dragy I've seen as high as 104 for trap speeds which I thought was impossible for the stock turbo. Latest run I've tried was 102.xx with a slight incline and some very dense air.

Last edited:

Dpro

6000 Post Club

Dpro

Stop putting words in my mouth I never called you out to commit a crime there are race tracks we can take our cars too,
its getting out of hand on your part you are the one shitting all over this forum. You are the one mixing up models. All I did was ask for proof of your claim. Instead you post stuff that’s not you. You just did it again.
I am done herel You just made onto my ignore list.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Question: Do people who add 30% or 60% more HP beyond stock, ever swap the gearing on their transmission? I know it used to be done on a prior five speed tranny vehicle I had.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Question: Do people who add 30% or 60% more HP beyond stock, ever swap the gearing on their transmission? I know it used to be done on a prior five speed tranny vehicle I had.
Not that i know of* Im Like 350whp+ on 4 port aux e50 with DHM360r kit.[driving]

I know
I know some did the final gear swap for the 4.3:1, but I don't think it would be worth it for bigger power.
https://pumaspeed.co.uk/product-Ford-Fiesta-ST-180-EcoBoost-431-Final-Drive_16814.jsp

There was a thread about it with the conclusion it didn't make sense for big power.
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/final-drive-with-big-turbo.19148/

Also the IB5 has a very tall 5th gear for mileage.